Nikon Wednesday Pic 2010: #20

Matt Laur

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<p><strong>Dave L</strong>, I wouldn't mind the opportunity to visit Paine field either. We obviously share the same passion for airplanes and I do admire your excellent photos time and again. I am lucky in that many of my friends are pilots or associated with airplanes, and its all about who your friends are. At Larnaca, the flying clubs and light aircraft apron are parallel to the main runway and taxiway, so if and when we are airside, at the clubs legitimately with security clearance etc, we have a ringside view of eveything. We have air rally days a few times a year, where a few light planes and their crews from two other airfields visit, I do the photos of the crews, and also gives me an opportunity to move about within the limits of the light aircraft apron and to spend all day there with friends and to take ringside photos without being hassled. Got one this weekend which I guess I'll taking photos at again. We also have a good public 'spotters' beach by the approach. I can well understand the paranoid security in the US, its a sign of the times. Even on the public beach, just outside the boundary fence, the patrolling police might stop to question you especially if you look 'dodgy', but leave you alone when they see you're genuine, so to speak. From outside the airfield, went to another part of the airfield recently to do some spotting, with a pilot friend, and got asked to move on when spotted by airport police.<br>

<strong>Doug R</strong>, thanks for liking our airplane photos.<br>

<strong>Wayne W</strong>, is there anything else between you and the wild bears apart from your camera ? Something like a safe sturdy car ?<br>

So many fine photos from everyone....</p>