• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<p>Some really great stuff this week!!</p>

<p>A few favorites:<br>

Herb MArtin - love the story this image tells! :)<br>

Petter Heritage - stunning image! I love the colors and the shadows in this<br>

Jana Hughes - looks like painting with light at its best! I love this<br>

Obviously everyone's work is amazing this week.</p>

<p>My contribution this time around is from a short hike I took up South Mountain here in Phoenix. It was a hot day out (almost hit 100) so I idn't take too long- lugging 20 lbs of camera gear up a mountain in 100 degree heat is a great workout but not the most fun I ever had :)<br>

Stopped to admire this little bush- creosote, I think. Smells like rain in the AZ desert, no matter what the weather!</p><div>00WUpy-245381684.JPG.3bf2cd82e99659bedf2a41b82be3c4e8.JPG</div>

<p>Here's the shots that spoke to me this week.</p>

<p><strong>Mark Cooper</strong> - Cute puppies<br /> <strong>Gej</strong> - Beautiful shot...Venice?<br /> <strong>Enrique R</strong> - Great shot of the falls<br /> <strong>Greg K</strong> - Great shot<br /> <strong>Jeff Lipsman</strong> - Very cool sphere. I've been mesmerized by it trying to figure out how it was done.<br /> <strong>Tiffany</strong> - Good Luck recovering everything. I hope you get everything back.<br /> <strong>Sanford </strong>- BUBBLES!<br /> <strong>Scott P.</strong> - Great shot! Looks like he might be ready for the bigs when Wake's ready to retire.<br /> <strong>Jennifer M</strong>. - Love the lady bug.<br /> <strong>Jens F. </strong>- Nice long exposure<br /> <strong>Rick Dohme</strong> - looks like the little guy was patient.<br /> <strong>Tony Hadley</strong> - very cool<br /> <strong>Grant Tanner</strong> - Great shot. I need to get out and shoot some dragonflies this summer. They're not out yet in my neck of the woods.<br /> <strong>Mikhail Tsypkin</strong> - Beautiful rose.<br /> <strong>Anish M</strong> - another great long exposure<br /> <strong>Apurva</strong> - I love the geometric patterns made with the tables and the floor.<br /> <strong>Marc McCoy</strong> - This is a great shot. Glad it made the paper. Congrats!<br /> <strong>Lil Judd</strong> - WOW! Amazing shot.<br /> <strong>Ryan Long</strong> - Amazing colors. I'm not one for shooting into the sun, but this shot really works.<br /> <strong>Fred Amico</strong> - A bit blown out, but the expression is priceless.<br /> <strong>Matthew Brennan</strong> - Great shot. I would like to see it in color too.<br /> <strong>Rick Moran</strong> - Another great Osprey shot. I would expect no less.<br /> <strong>Jim Momary</strong> - Perfect caption for this shot.<br /> <strong>Peter G</strong> - It's not very often that you see Fat Albert flying. I've only seen it once out of many many Blue Angels shows.<br /> <strong>Kent Shater</strong> - interesting... the mirrored image looks like a face.<br /> <strong>Richard Armstrong</strong> - I almost submitted a painted trillium in full bloom this week.<br /> <strong>Doug Rice</strong> - I'm never up early enough to get beautiful shots like this.<br /> <strong>Roberta Davidson</strong> - Another great ladybug for this week<br /> <strong>Phil Burt</strong> - Great lighting. I really like this shot.<br /> <strong>William Pahnelas</strong> - The DOF in this shot is what makes it special.<br /> <strong>Doug Santo</strong> - What a beautiful church.<br /> <strong>Robert Premkumar</strong> - Great Sunset<br /> <strong>Dejan Smiac</strong> - Looks like a messy day for a bike race. I love the expressions on their faces.<br /> <strong>Louis Meluso</strong> - Great shot. I love homemade pinhole shots. I'm surprised that you got such a clean shot off of digital with it.<br /> <strong>Steve Balden</strong> - Doesn't look like kitty wanted you to take his picture.</p>

<p>If I didn't mention you, no hard feelings...there's just too many great shots to comment on.</p>

<p>RS</p>

<p>Happy Wednesday everyone. So many great shots so far.</p>

<p>I went for a bike ride through a nearby neighborhood that is much nicer than where I live. Since I wanted to travel lightly I took only my 50mm 1.8 and 28-80 f3.3-5.6 G kit lens. Managed to capture a few good images...well, one's that <em>I</em> liked anyway. </p><div>00WUuN-245429584.jpg.248294fa35e1aef9f0cb03e7f800b152.jpg</div>

<p>Happy Wednesday. With all that planning for the upcoming festival season, I almost forgot to put a shot up..</p>

<p>My contribution was shot last night in a very small concert venue. Still, the long lens allowed for selecting a clutter-free background, and to gather as much of the light as possible. Nikon D700 at ISO 4000, 70-200/2.8 VR, 1/125 @ f/2.8, RAW processed in Adobe Lightroom 2.</p><div>00WUvM-245437584.jpg.b441e7f5832d37127cb18997ba7c6c10.jpg</div>

<p>The photos are amazing. I waste more time here than I do on Facebook, which is a good thing. A few of my favorites this week:<br>

<a href="../photodb/user?user_id=5203249">Jennifer Meighan</a> Wow, that is an unbelievable macro. Incredible detail, magical background.<br>

<a href="../photodb/user?user_id=5102155">Jens Frederiksen</a> Beautiful long exposure gives the cottage a fairytale feel. Nicely done.<br>

<a href="../photodb/user?user_id=2186708">Tony Hadley</a> Wonderful colors, peaceful.<br>

<a href="../photodb/user?user_id=4420899">Anish Mankuthel</a> Another water scene of beauty. The three rocks give it a nice Zen feeling.<br>

<a href="../photodb/user?user_id=1183736">Marc McCoy</a> Congratulations on being published with that dramatic scene. Nicely captured.<br>

<a href="../photodb/user?user_id=4768482">Alejandro Held</a> Cool performance scene. Another photo with some drama.<br>

<a href="../photodb/user?user_id=3898119">Kent Shafer</a> You snapped that from a parking lot? In Sodom or Gomorrah? Ominous in a biblical sense. I like it.<br>

<a href="../photodb/user?user_id=5950500">Gabriel Hasser</a> What a portrait! Great work. Nice teeth too! By the way, I made the orb with a home made "Orbinator" I dreamed up yesterday afternoon. Drop me a line and I'll give you the details.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Great variety (as usual). Thank you to Jose Arnaud and Richard Snow for your kind words which are greatly appreciated. Some brief comments on a large array of choices (and as usual, I am leaving too many out):</p>

<table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" width="635">

<col width="635"></col>

<tbody>

<tr height="17">

<td width="635" height="17">Brian Winshell - Love the streaming effect of the light rays.</td>

</tr>

<tr height="17">

<td height="17">Dejan Smaic - Great bike ride shot.</td>

</tr>

<tr height="17">

<td height="17">Gabriel Hasser - Impressive scream.</td>

</tr>

<tr height="17">

<td height="17">Ilkka Nissila - Great "pop" on the key subject.</td>

</tr>

<tr height="17">

<td height="17">Jeff Lipsman - Amazing view and well-lit orb plus reflection.</td>

</tr>

<tr height="17">

<td height="17">Jens Frederiksen - Love the slight shimmer on the water which brings everything to life.</td>

</tr>

<tr height="17">

<td height="17">Jose Angel - War cry? Number 8 has fallen asleep and other are set to follow :)</td>

</tr>

<tr height="17">

<td height="17">Jose Arnaud - Great timing on the jump.</td>

</tr>

<tr height="17">

<td height="17">Lawrence Ho - The golden walk (half expected to see Tiger in there).</td>

</tr>

<tr height="17">

<td height="17">Lil Judd - Great shape defining effect. Is there any field of depth left?</td>

</tr>

<tr height="17">

<td height="17">Martin Z. - Great colours and sense of calmness.</td>

</tr>

<tr height="17">

<td height="17">Rick Dohme - Eye catching moment.</td>

</tr>

<tr height="17">

<td height="17">Roberta Davidson - Up close and personal always make these shots more interesting.</td>

</tr>

<tr height="17">

<td height="17">Tony Hadley - Amazing colours … minus the front branches would have been perfect (for me)</td>

</tr>

</tbody>

</table>

<p> </p>

<p>Another great week of great shots. Keep up the great work!<br>

This is a shot I took this morning in Bodega, CA This is the St Theresa Church is is a historical landmark. Also a backdrop for Hitchcock's "Birds"</p><div>00WUxJ-245457584.jpg.dbd0ccba9632afe680c6b56b5e47b826.jpg</div>

<p>Well, better late than never with some compliments:<br /><br />Tiffany - I'm hoping for the best<br />Matt L, Sanford G, Fred A, Francesco P, Jeff S, Jay P, Jose C - great kid pics: I'm a sucker for them<br />Mark L, Wayne E, Adey L, Steve B - I'm a sucker for pet pics too<br />Scott P - love the determined look<br />Gej, Jens F, Pascal V, Chris M, Ryan L, Ian R, Aguinaldo P, Glen K, Phil B, Brian W, Robert P, Mike E, Cory A - lovely scenics<br />Greg K, Jose A, Richard S, Peter N - very nice sports shots<br />Jeff L - Cool; I think I figured it out:) Does it involve string?<br />Dave L, Peter G, Andrew F - nice plane pics (again)<br />Allan A - I love that aquarium! Nice shot.<br />Rick D, Grant T, Ray G, Roberta D, Wililam P, Keith O, Sankha H, Markku V, D. Griffith - great macros (as usual :)<br />Tony H, Anish M, Mitchell F, Martin Z - really lovely colors<br />Jana H - I like it too<br />Mikhail T, Kermel R, Daniel O, James S, Richard A, Juho N, Eric B, Andres A, Wenshu C - Spring is great<br />Jeff H - lovely eyes (and they match her top)<br />Apurva M, Peter H, Doug S, Alex F - nice architectural shots <br />Marc M - congrats!<br />Rick M, Shun C, John M, Brian C - how do you get these shots?<br />Jim M - that's funny!<br />Alejandro H, Ilkka N, Thomas G - nice performance shots<br />Tim H - nice WA (and irony)<br />Herb M - love the ciggie and and sophistication<br />Lawrence H - great light!<br />Erik C - that;s the coolest kite ever!<br />Dejan S - I'm glad I wasn't in that ride!<br /><br /></p>

<p>Sorry, I’m a bit late this Wednesday. My thanks for the positive comments on my “Sarah” pic last week. I really enjoy being a pat of the Wednesday crew here – your work is wonderful. </p>

<p>Nikon D300 & Nikon 10.5mm f2.8 fisheye - Exposure 1/60<sup>th</sup> f2.8 ISO 500</p>

<div>00WV04-245481684.jpg.c6f01453eb0101e91e1877fd7c2558a7.jpg</div>

<p>In my opinion this is the best wEdNesDay ever - congratulations to all (Great orb Jeff! Stunning image Shun!) There is reason to celebrate in Western Alaska this week - the Kuskokwim River broke and river travel is in full swing. My image is a Waterworld shot conjured from reflected and refracted light in a glass half filled with water. It's not great but it's strikingly similar to my neighborhood view of the Kuskokwim River.</p><div>00WV2H-245499584.jpg.8cea6a9145d79a312422e337ad892c3d.jpg</div>

<p>Andrew, you're lucky to get that close to an active runway. If we here in the States were photographing that close to an active runway at an international airport, we'd be arrested and accused of terrorism!! The only way I can photograph airplanes like the one I submitted tonight is to shoot at a Boeing airfield like Paine Field in Everett. Plus I was attending an airshow with thousands of other people shooting photos as well. If I tried shooting that close at Sea-Tac Airport near Seattle, I'd be arrested for sure. Gotta love the USA and "freedom".</p>

<p>@ Doug Rice, I was standing on the upper deck of a ferryboat at about 10 o'clock in the morning when a group of sea gulls were flying around. I took a number of shots of them with the camera hand held. I chose one for this Wednesday. After downsizing the image I applied some sharpening because the lens at 200mm is a bit soft.</p>