Hanging photos from beam

<p>I'm doing a one-month exhibition at a local retailer, in their windows. To do so, I need to hang the photos from an i-beam (construction beam) that above the windows. The windows make up the entire wall.<br>

The key is I'm trying to find an attractive but reliable solution to hang the wires to hang the photos from the beam. I need some sort of clamp-type thing (I can't wrap around the beam), to secure the wires onto the beam. The lip of the beam is about 1/4 inch thick, and plenty deep. The photos will be framed (plexi), probably 24" x 24" and 18" x 18". Likely, I will suspend 2 photos from one set of wires-the glass goes all the way to the floor, so I plan to have two images hanging in sequence (top-to-bottom) on the same wires. <br>

Ideas? I feel as though I've seen something that would work perfectly, but I can't remember what/where. </p>

<p>If you go to an electrical supply store and ask for an "I-Beam Clamp" they'll probably be able to help you. These are used for running electical conduit next to, well, I-beams... Should cost $1 or so each.</p>

<p>Also check out the larger variety of "Paper Clamp" with the wire handles. See <a href="http://www.stockphotopro.com/photo-thumbs-2/stockphotopro_78870KQW_.jpg">here</a> for an example.</p>

<p>The "binder clips" mentioned above can be found in stationers and office supply stores. I've used for similar hanging jobs in classrooms. One thing I would caution about them is that they are likely strong enough to hold the weight but depending on the size and surface of the beam, they could slip if pulled the wrong way. "C" clamps (etc.) can be tightened much more firmly - so the kinds of pulls or drafts, etc., might be something to consider.</p>

<p>Thanks all... oddly I had already considered binder clips (I'm an cubicle dweller by day), but thought there might be a more elegant solution. I'll experiment with those and the clamps you all mention. I'll be hanging 16 x 24 work (plexi thankfully), so it'll be tad heavy but I'll use a few. If anyone else has different ideas, though, do let me know... I'll be experimenting with this over the next week. </p>

• 1 month later...
<p>For the record, I did end up using Binder Clips (large). Worked like a charm, and super-mega-easy to hang. Recommend practicing on a piece of plywood at home to check whether they'll hold. In this case, Nielsen frames with decorator's chain attached with s-hooks to the frame. One tip--I did end up attaching the Nielsen hangers to the top rail as opposed to the sides--attached to the sides, the photos leaned forward noticeably. Attached to the top, hangs straight. </p>