Upgrading to CS5 - do I need CS4 s/n

<p>I want to buy the upgrade package for PS CS5 which I believe is $199. Currently on CS4. Will I require the s/n from CS4 to do the upgrade and can I install this upgrade on more than one computer?</p>

<p>Yes, Anesh, when installing CS5 U will need the s/n from a prior version CS3 or CS4... And, NO, U can not install CS5 on several computers and/or HD's, Adobe won't let U. Depending on which OS Ur computers run, U should not have to pay more than +/- $ 190,-. And that includes <em>"free shipping</em>"... Do Ur homework.</p>

<p>I upgraded from CS2... big leap to CS5, and just plugged in the CS5 serial number. As long as your copy of CS4 is loaded onto your computer it should be fine. And putting it on two computers should be fine.... just as long as they are not networked.</p>

<p>Brooks... If U have the actual disk with CS2, with its s/n, U can always run it on/from another HD once U have upgraded. That version seems to be the last one without an Adobe installed <strong><em>l</em></strong>ock on/in it. <br>

Once again, as to the top postings... In my experience one can install as many copies as physically possible of one single CS3, CS4 or CS5. It will only function, however, on one computer at a time. When the need occurs to work from the same copy of the same sw, there's an Adobe <strong>PROMPT</strong> to <strong><em>activate</em></strong> before being able to use it. I've done that several times after upgrading to new HD's. Activation on a new (or old but different HD) shuts down the sw's functioning on the prior active HD. Weird science , I know.</p>

<p>Wolf, you are allowed to have 2 activated copies running. I am running CS3 on my laptop and desktop, both activated, and with no issues. When I first wanted to do this I spoke to Adobe and they are fine with it. Just as long as you don't use both copies simultaneously.<br>

Louise</p>

<p>But isn't that what I said, Louise: <em>"It will only function, however, on one computer at a time."</em><br>

There may be some sort of exception being made by Adobe when it comes to desktop and/or laptop. Frankly, I wouldn't know... Sounds logical though since one could hardly (except for another, delegated person) work on a laptop, say, while on a journey, and on a desktop simultaneously.</p>