Real Estate Pricing

<p>Hi everyone,<br>

I've just been asked to price a package deal for a local real estate agent, she is a friend of mine so has come to me first to see what I can offer. I have never done any kind of commercial work an am unsure how to price - what they want is 2-3 shots of the house to use on the 'for sale' sign at the front of the property and possibly also for web use.</p>

<p>As this will be a continous job for other properties the agent sells, do I price a figure for each job all inclusive or charge per photo or...? How much should I charge? Any suggestions from others who have done similar work would be much appreciated!</p>

<p>Thank you<br>

June</p>

<p>Hi June,<br>

I have been through this thinking last month and here is what I have come up with. I hope it is not too late.</p>

<p>I charge a fixed price for a maximum of 8 pictures, each extra pictures is <em>x</em>$. I also charge for travel @ <em>y</em>$/km. I use Google Maps to calculate travel distances for single or multiple locations; it give a visual proof if the agent ask.</p>

<p>I usually spend an average of 20 minutes in each place. I require the agent to be present from my arrival until I leave. Agents know that I will not touch or move anything to take my pictures; cleaning, placing and staging must be done before I arrive (I will usually have things moved here and there, but at least the dishes will cleaned). I concentrate on taking good pictures. Be careful with mirrors; it reflects :)</p>

<p>I format pictures to the size the agent needs to put on is website. They usually don't like portrait oriented picture (website related). No zip file, just attached in an email. They don't have much time unzipping and resizing; sometimes they just don't know how to do it. I don't send high resolution images because they don't use them much, but it is their property and it is available on demand. I send an invoice only after they have reviewed the pictures and that they are completely satisfied with the product.</p>

<p>I created an easy-to-use spreadsheet, to be used by the real estate agent in order to evaluate costs before calling me. It is also a list of required pictures; I don't want to be told "I told you to take a picture of this and you didn't. Would you please go back?". Please email me if you want a copy of the file, I will be happy to provide it to you (in French, but you should easy to understand).</p>

<p>Happy shooting!</p>