Images show dark

<p>All my images look somewhat darker on this site than many others I frequent. I use the same computers. My images are Colormatch rgb or sRGB. I opened the same jpeg from my desktop folders next to Safari on my screen on a color managed system and the difference was very apparent. On some, it is not good and the images are not presentable that way. Please don't pick apart my gear, it's fine. Could this only be me?!?</p>

<p>Hi Jeff. I often feel that my photographs look dark here on PhotoNet too, but I think it is because they are seen against the very light background that this site uses for the pages. Other sites, such as Photocritiq, present the images against a much darker background and they look closer to what I see on my monitor viewing with, say, Photoshop. Have you tried looking at your portfolio at Imagepro? All of the members here at PhotoNet also have an Imagepro page (I think). Over there the background is also dark (except for the quarter inch or so of blinding white border that that site attaches) and I feel the images look much better than here. For an example, my port at Imagepro can be seen <a href="tatulinski.photography.com">here</a> <br /> <br /> I wish PhotoNet would move to an 18% gray background for image display (hint to Josh). Regards.</p>

<p>I discovered that Photo.net is the only site I'v used that has a problem properly displaying jpegs in the Colormatch RGB colorspace. Every other site I contribute to (or moderate, such as FredMiranda.com) displays my images just fine. Just the topper of a list of issues I have with the software that runs this place. </p>

<p>The proper profile for PhotoNet is sRGB. Of course, today, it should be possible to have a site that accepts other profiles. I believe the recommendation to convert to sRGB is to accommodate the widest possible number of users. If you were to convert to sRGB the images might look closer to what you expect. But even with that, the light background does not help matters. Regards.</p>