H.264

<p>I dont exactly know John but I think for awarness it's useful info. There is much descussion about this now so I though it was relivent to post somthing about it, I guess i could have posted any of the many news stories on the subect.<br>

I (and I feel others) Know absolutley nothing about this, maybe it's worth keeping and eye on. Maybe we should not be coserned but I for one am glad to get this news.<br>

It's about our power and the information with which to make chooses. I do find it kind of strange the cameras are marketed as pro, but you (may) not be able to do much with them in the future if this format becomes common. Like MP3 it could easily be locked down.<br>

Why would they do that you ask? well companies have a way of doing things against there own interest when large sums of cash are involved.<br>

I would say "the codec can't be used for commercial video" it a stretch, it is what it is and there is a lot to it.<br>

But that itself is something to consider. As someone who enjoys video content on sites there are issues here that I hope people are at least are aware of. As many on this forum own such cameras. <br>

Leslie, I don't exactly know, As I understand it in the US there are no fees until 2015, but by then if everyone has adopted it and they do decide to peruse it ? who knows.</p>