Photo Sharing site with NO printing options

hhphotography

<p>I have just started a photography business and am looking for a site that I can share the photos with clients. However, i dont want it to offer a printing service, I want to use my own lab for printing. Having trouble finding one with these specs. Would like to be able to make the galleries/albums private for the clients also! Any ideas??</p>

<p>I use Zenfolio and they will allow you to do what you are wanting. They also will take payments with your custom pricelist and allow you to fulfill the order with your own lab. You can also create galleries and password protect them. Then you share that password with your client. You can do a 14 day trail to see if you like it before you pay. They are also very reasonable as the Pro account is right around $100 a year.</p>

<p>You can use Picasa - free up to a certain amount of space - I forget whether it's 1GB, 2GB, whatever - and there's an option not to allow your viewers to print to a third party printer. They can still download the photos onto their computer but you can upload them in lower rez so as to discourage pritning etc. You can also purchase much more space and the rates are very reasonable.</p>

<p>Thank you all for your help - I have set up a trial acct with both smug mug and zenfolio to see which i like better! Question about sales tax - how is that handled? I dont have to charge sales tax for my session fee right? what about prints tho? My lab charges me sales tax but i havent charged my clients any? (have only had 2 profit paying clients so far) Thanks!</p>

<p>Smugmug does allow you to turn off printing on a gallery level while retaining all other options. I have been using that for quite some time and it works like a marvel. Plus, it does not allow visitors to download ANY of your images regardless of resolution - in theory, they can only copy from you by doing screenshots! Everything else is blocked ;-))))</p>