Nikon Wednesday Pic 2010: #16

Matt Laur

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<p>Hi everyone,<br>

Lots of pictures already, I guess I'm a bit late :-)<br>

Very good pics this week. Going through them, I especially like the following:<br>

Jeff Lipsman - nice wildflower<br />Chris Court - nasty looking bug, but great capture<br />Thomas Gerstendorfer - the light is indeed good, cool look<br />Anish Mankuthel - man and dog works on many levels<br />Tony Hadley - great light, very graphic<br />Vineet Rajasekhar - great atmosphere, you nailed it well<br />Issac Sam - I like the mood; the subject is such that the picture could have been taken any decade ago<br />Andres Arteaga - good composition and good colors, matches its title perfectly<br /><br /><br>

Living in northern Europe, I did take a mandatory sunset picture due to the ash (although honestly it didn't look like the ash had much of an effect), but I figured it doesn't work that well in a small size anyway and I haven't decided on how to edit it. so I present to you a rather typical early springtime picture but in BW (the colors aren't that strong here anyway). It's taken near a bird protection area, the city can be seen in the distance.</p><div>00WIJ9-238283784.jpg.b8ea00c351d07b9f379753e27187f2ec.jpg</div>

<p>The Wednesday thread always brightens my day. What great photos! My favorites are those from:</p>

<p>Chris Court<br>

Gej Jones<br>

Shun Cheung<br>

Tony Hadley<br>

Shane Srogi<br>

Lex Jenkins<br>

Rick Moran<br>

Raaj Kovinthan<br>

Kent Shafer<br>

Gabriel Hasser<br>

Andy Smothers<br>

Roberta Davidson<br>

Lawrence Ho<br>

Dave Walsh<br>

Doug Santo<br>

Issac Sam<br>

Richard Karash</p>

<p><strong>Walking on Cloud 9</strong><br />Grandson & I celebrated our common birthday Monday at the Colorado Train Museum. He was quite enthused as the photo shows.<br />D300S 18-135mm F/3.5-5.6G @ 70mm F/11 1/180s (ISO 200)<br>

Grabbed wrong version of photo on my 1st try.<br>

Have enjoyed this thread, but this is my first posting</p><div>00WIOE-238313584.thumb.jpg.51080d920ecf207affa508ff1b287f18.jpg</div>

<p>Happy Wednesday everyone. I'm late again, as usual. </p>

<p>I received my 55mm f3.5 AI from KEH yesterday evening. Today I had a little getting to know you session. I'm quite impressed so far. I'm really looking forward to using this lens more. Here's the best that I got today. </p><div>00WIP7-238317584.jpg.260558bf9048226b0fb053994def8b13.jpg</div>

<p>Better late than never....</p>

<p>My son will be attending college this fall, have been visiting campuses. This is a picture from the University of Chicago campus. Serendipitous, I was born on this very campus, my father taught there. Never thought one my son's prime choices would be this college.</p>

<p>Taken with D300, Tokina 12-24mm f/4.0, 1/320s, f/6.3, ISO-200.</p>

<p> </p><div>00WIPY-238319584.jpg.de9b71bc2eed8e9c92d1f00d09d403fe.jpg</div>

<p>This is the one Photo.net thread I always look at instead of skimming when my mailbox is full to overflowing. All brilliant photos again, as usual. Here is my contribution, second time. There were four lovely curlews sitting quietly in front of my parked car enjoying the sun. I expected them all to bolt when I got my camera out and moved a little closer to them. Luckily it was at a local tourist beach and I think they were used to us humans. <br>

D300, 300mm AF-S f4, f8 1/320s, ISO 800. (I too forget to check my ISO regularly.....*sigh* one day)</p><div>00WIT6-238335584.jpg.62c754bf928fe1528aa47daf5a441921.jpg</div>

<p>Let's see here:<br>

Ray Gosalia - Digging the kiwi.<br>

Rick Moran - Awesome osprey capture.<br>

Anish Mankuthel - Well visualized and executed.<br>

Eric James - You..wait. You throw your camera??</p>

<p>Stuck in a bit of a rut with water collisions. Hopefully Friday at the wildlife refuge will yield something more impressive for next Wednesday.</p><div>00WIV5-238355584.thumb.jpg.2a785616675000ec453d58a38ef88621.jpg</div>

<p>I am going to try and finish comments. Please forgive me if I neglect to mention someone as it is not intentional.<br>

First , thanks Fred, Andy, Doug and Ray for your very kind comments<br /> It is encourages me and is much appreciated.</p>

<p>Dave, nice back ground substitution.<br>

Peter, great shot , looks like fun was had by all<br>

Ofey, love this copyright graffiti<br>

Jeff, looks like a painting<br>

Kevin, very artistic and great image<br>

Doug, wow, great shot.<br>

Peter, beautiful colors <br>

William, he does look as it he is flying at you. Nice capture<br>

Don, beautiful colors , peaceful <br>

Dimitirs, you can feel the turn of the helicopter<br>

Ray, thanks for you comment! Isabella is a beauty, nice shot<br>

Douglas, Very sharp Love the colors<br>

Joseph, great looking ingredients <br>

Mike, such interesting animals<br>

Steve, looks hard at work. Like the black and white treatment<br>

Keith, Hope you were not too close. Great shot<br>

Ertugrul, another beautiful shot . Your patience certainly paid off<br>

Issac, wonderful capture portraying his life<br>

Andres, beautiful<br>

Fred, life finds a way in the desert<br>

John, love the warm tones<br>

Brett, love the reflection of the sun on the right side<br>

Tom, so clever , very nice<br>

Laura, nice shot . Like the DOF<br>

Brian, beautiful<br>

Jeffrey, they look as if they just shared a kind thought<br>

John, nice contrast of textures<br>

Richard, your cityscapes are beautiful<br>

Brian, nice capture of a magnificent bird<br>

Alex, very nice<br>

Martin, love the ghost like feel<br>

Kemal, I thought you were mountain climbing!<br>

Wenshu, sounds like you needed to rest on the bench. Nice shot<br>

Aguinaldo, you capture the familiar places in a very unique and new way<br>

Eric, very interesting, but you actually throw your camera in the air?<br>

Oskar, like the back and white treatment. Glad you were not affected by the ash<br>

Wayne, love the old <br>

Eric, George makes me smile<br>

Gwen, the two in the back do look very unhappy<br>

Mark, that little fella looks like he is watching you<br>

Rowland, you have captured joy<br>

Tim, looks like he would have plenty of stories to tell<br>

Cory, great start with your lens.<br>

Sasvasta, beautiful shot and a beautiful campus.<br>

Kris, like the black and white <br>

R Bond, wonderful macro. You can count the pollen<br>

Margaret, good capture and color<br>

Marc, very unique, can I ask what is it<br>

Steven, very nice. How fast are your drops falling <br>

Mikhail, he's too young to remember the good ole days! <br>

James, so nice</p>

<p>I hope I did not forget anyone.<br>

Until next Wednesday, wishing a great week with joy and laughter and the opportunity to capture a moment in time.</p>

<p>Had time to look again this weeks photos and here's what caught my eyes:<br>

<p ><strong>Matt Laur </strong>–<strong> </strong>makes me want to see the next frame!<strong></strong></p>

<p ><strong>Shun Cheung </strong>–<strong> </strong>beauty!<strong> (This weeks favorite)</strong></p>

<p ><strong>Sanford Gerald </strong>–<strong> </strong>nice tones</p>

<p ><strong>Alpo Syvänen </strong>– there is something very finnish in this pic, got to love it! =)</p>

<p ><strong>Anish Mankuthel </strong>– good sunset picture!<strong></strong></p>

<p ><strong>Tony Hadley </strong>– nice timing and nice photo.<strong></strong></p>

<p ><strong>Louis Meluso </strong>– nice B&W macro<strong></strong></p>

<p ><strong>Gabriel Hasser </strong>– really nice self portrait</p>

<p ><strong>Issac Sam </strong>– i like it<strong></strong></p>

<p ><strong>Richard Karash </strong>– cool urban sunset</p>

<p ><br /></p>

<p >Thanks also for those who have mentioned my pictures during past weeks.</p>

<p >See you(r pics) again next week!</p>

</p>

<p>let me try writing something on this weeks thread, actually all the entries/images are nice in their own perspective. please forgive me if I missed any, due to time constraint and I am quickly going through.</p>

<p>first of all let me Thank for the comments I have received: Wayne E, Doug R, Steven F, Roberta D. I am glad you all liked image of sliced kiwi fruit.</p>

<p>Dallas M: Nice capture, I liked the emotion and with behind fence it really feels<br /> Chris C: After a long time, it's nice to see your macro shots again.<br /> Gej J: variety of light and captured correctly with all the details.<br /> Shun C: I wish I will get a chance to capture Hummingbird sometime. It's really super capture and color is so natural really looks like an oil paint.<br /> Paula W: perfect PJ shot :)<br /> Sanford G: three Lillies in black back-ground with correct exposure, nice one.<br /> Donald L: nice pano... it's been a time, I should try pano on landscape<br /> Phil B: cool HDR<br /> Tiffany B: don't know why can't I see your image today, I had seen it yesterday and day before.<br /> Dieter S: very colorful, nice angle<br /> Lil J: as always your IR images are awesome<br /> Greg K: very nice capture of an action shot<br /> Janne K: nice night image, liked the different colors<br /> Alpo S: very nice image, liked the color of the sky and feels lonely<br /> Pascal B: very nice, wonderful colors<br /> Anish M: wait was worth :) , nice one<br /> Tony H: so many different colors and captured so nicely.<br /> Grant T: another seascape with so many different colors, very nice<br /> Ray H: very well captured moment/sentiments<br /> Apurva M: cool abstract and nicely done<br /> Shane S: a very well done landscape<br /> Lex J: yeah, timing is JUST fraction off... :) she caught you<br /> Jana H: bride was really enjoying the moment, her expressions are really good<br /> Louis M: very nice B&W macro</p>

<p>I think I am spending more time then expected... let me run through fast and get back to work</p>

<p>Rick M: I have seen your bird images in previous threads and they all were so nice captured at the right time with right action.<br /> Gabriel H: with snooted flash you have got a really nice image<br /> Roberta D: I have seen and liked all of your water droplets macro, "master of water drops"<br /> Lawrence H: crisp and clear image, with black background looks very nice<br /> Doug S: another hummingbird perfectly captured :)<br /> Ertugrul K: nice image and the bird and shadow makes it very nice image<br /> Issac S: I liked the expression on the fisherman's face. full reflection of the fisherman could have been better?<br /> Brian W: nice image, is it HDR?<br /> Richard K: Beacon hill sunset with vibrant colors looks really nice<br /> Kemal R: perfectly exposed snow and through the plane window, very well done<br /> Aguinaldo de Paula: I liked the B&W color and pattern on the floor :)<br /> Tim H: nice portrait and nice expression too<br /> Sasvata C: beautiful color capture. All the best to your Son :)<br /> R. Bond: nice bumble bee macro, I have Tamron 90 but unable to capture critters so close :)<br /> Steven F: wonderful collision (of water droplets) captured. liked the collision pattern</p>

<p>pheww...</p>

<p>Another inspiring Wednesday has come to a close. Shots that caught my eye this week are:<br>

Chris C.- Good to see you back. Your focus stacking really brings out the details!!<br>

Shun- Just the right amount of blur to make the image that much more interesting.<br>

Tiffany- Oh to be the subject of a TB portrait, at such a tender young age. Nice job.<br>

Dieter-Reminds me of an impressionist watercolor!<br>

Louis- Good job on the B&W treatment of the flower. <br>

Roberta-Always love your water droplets. I need to give it a try at some point.<br>

Eric- Intriguing image! Even more so thinking that you tossed your camera into the air to get it.<br>

Steve- That is a beautiful collision of water!</p>