Portrait

david_thrower

<p>Hi All<br>

Just thought I'd post a picture I took yesterday of my son Harry taken on Kodak BW400N chromagenic film on my F1n with 55mm F1.2 Ashperical SSC lens.<br>

I got the film deve'd at Costco and they scanned the negs to CD so the scan isn't very high quality.<br>

It's great to shoot film at the weekend as I work with a 5D MK2 during the week.<br>

Best regards<br>

David Thrower</p>

<div>00WGmp-237545684.jpg.84982b5284b31d610420cad59dd79a93.jpg</div>

<p>David, thanks for sharing. I do enjoy seeing the results people obtain from different lenses. Especially the lenses that I do not own yet!</p>

<p>Harry looks so sweet and innocent, but I bet he's just the opposite! He's got that look in his eyes that says, "I'm trouble".</p>

<p>Hi Everyone<br>

Thanks everyone for your really kind comments!. It was just an informal snap but thought I'd post it up as I've been a bit quiet in the FD forum lately.<br>

I really like the chromagenic film as I can get Costco to dev and print it in an hour. I don't time to scan film (unless it's for work - and that is pretty rare these days) so the additional scans on CD are great for Facebook and PDN etc even though they aren't all that well scanned.<br>

I've just bought a load more Ilford XP2 and Kodak BW400N to use in my FD cameras.<br>

I'm looking out for an 85mm 1.2 aspherical ssc to match the 55mm but I think I might be in for a long wait!!.<br>

Best regards<br>

David<br>

PS please check out my blog at david-thrower.blogspot.com if you're bored!</p>

<p>Nice shot, David. The f/1.2 could no doubt have rendered the window frame a non-element in the scene, or the shot might have been framed to keep the window out entirely, but as it stands, Harry IS the shot, and I only noticed the window frame intrusion after I had enjoyed the smile your shot inspired, and I looked at the pic again from the POV of a fellow photographer.</p>

<p>Very nice!</p>

<p>Thanks Jim and Rick for your kind comments.<br>

I think I shot the picture at around f6.7 but I'll try to re-take it at f1.2 to see how it looks and I'll post up the picture - it will be interesting to see how the lens performs wide open!.<br>

Thanks again to everyone for your kind and warm comments about my little lad!.<br>

Best regards<br>

David<br>

PS He's only 2 and a bit but he says "Daddy's camera" when he see's one of my camera's and as soon as I point it at him the smile appears - he's a natural model I think!.</p>

• 2 weeks later...

<p>Handsome boy! And if we're doing family portraits, I'd like to add my little drummer boy into the mix...<br>

This was shot with an FTb (50mm, f1.4) using Ilford HP5 400 at 1/60th. I forget the aperture because I was more intent on trying to capture the manic movements. As it is, the shot came out well and I particularly like the blurred sticks... </p><div>00WNvV-241323684.jpg.f72b809a17c2c5059194c8951835fc12.jpg</div>