covert to DNG so I can edit in CS2

<p>I have been working the DNG RAW files from my Pentax DSLR in CS2. I want to convert the RW2 files from the family Panasonic FZ28 to DNG. So far, I can't see that any DNG converter available now from Adbobe will work on CS2. I cannot see any conversion to DNG available with either Silkypix (lite version with the camera), RAWTherapee or Irfanview. I find all three editors unintuitive and unsatisfactory. I've blown an entire morning trying to figure all this out. What do you folks who also like DNG do?</p>

<p>You have a DNG right? So what’s the issue in terms of CS2 and Adobe Camera Raw? It should access and render the DNGs. There are other converters that handle DNG but not as many as we’d like. If you are on a Mac, Raw Developer is awesome and supports DNG. </p>

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management" (pluralsight.com)

<p>I have a WIN XP box. My Pentax DSLR puts out DNG's; no problem working those in CS2. The Lumix puts out RW2's. I just want to convert to DNG, not edit them.<br>

On adobe's website, I'm told (or it seems) that the current ACR download won't work on CS2. I see no way to dig into a previous ACR download. </p>

<p>You need to get the free DNG converter from Adobe Labs and convert those RW2’s to DNG OR if a newer version of Photoshop (ACR) supports that natively, then you could forgo the DNG conversion. Converting to DNG allows older versions of ACR to support that data, data that isn’t supported natively.</p>

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management" (pluralsight.com)

<p><em>"It won't open these RW2 files into CS2"</em><br>

<em><br /></em><br>

This statement causes me to think a bit - something I typically try to avoid. ;-)</p>

<p>If you're using the Adobe DNG converter it does not open the file, any file, into CS2. The converter creates a DNG file from the RAW file. The newly created DNG file must then be loaded/opened into/by CS2, it's not something that happens automatically.</p>

<p>It's possible that I'm misunderstanding your statement and if that's the case please ignore what I've said.</p>

<p>OK, so DNG converter operated independently. I'm having trouble understanding how it works. I browsed to find the file that contains the images I want to convert, but I push "Select" and nothing happens to indicted anything has been selected. Will go back and see if DNG converter has instructions. I suppose it converts those RAW file it sees to DNG, then drops right back into the same file.</p>