EF 70-200mm f/2,8 IS II USM, first impressions…

charedan

<p>

<p >First off, I am an amateur photographer, with no optics knowledge beyond the basic stuff an amateur photographer should know.</p>

<p >I ordered the lens on March 23rd from Lozeau in Montreal, they called me on March 27th to pick it up. So I’ve had it for about a week now.</p>

<p >On my 50D (15MP Crop Sensor) image quality is impressive. Quiet, fast and accurate AF. Sharpness and contrast from corner to corner. First grade build quality, looks and feels solid in hand. A little heavy but hey, we’re talking quality here and I don’t mind a bit.</p>

<p >Go read what they have to say about it <a href="http://www.the-digital-picture.com/Reviews/Canon-EF-70-200mm-f-2.8-L-IS-II-USM-Lens-Review.aspx">here</a> in the mean time that somebody here does a real review. And then go test a sample to convince yourself you need one.</p>

<p >I’m very happy with this investment and the pictures resulting from various test I did tells me I’ll love this lens for a long, long time.</p>

<p >Dan</p>

</p>

<p>Historically, Canon made a very capable 70-200/4L USM even better with the 70-200/4L IS USM. I am not surprised with the trustworthy results of the-digital-picture.com. I hope to add the 70-200/2.8L IS II USM as a backup to my primes.</p>