Bandera Texas

henkelphoto

<p>HI Guys!</p>

<p>I'll be travelling to Bandera, Texas, in a few weeks for some business. I'll have a three day weekend to spend photographing. Can anyone suggest some likely things to shoot? I've never been to the hill country of Texas before. I plan on doing at least one day of horseback riding.</p>

<p>Jerry</p>

<p>I'm more generally aware of the Hill Country west of Austin (Enchanted Rock,Pedernales Falls State Park, Inks Lakes State Park. But I think thta's all quite a way from where you will be. Lost Maples would be the closest park and its very nice, sorry though I haven't been there since the mid -1980s. In fall it is spectacular anyway.</p>

<h3 ><a onmousedown="return clk(this.href,'','','res','2','','0CA8QFjAB')" href="http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/publications/parkguide/rgn_hc_014.phtml"> <em><br /></em></a></h3>

<p>South of Bandera becomes flatter plain pretty quickly. Bandera west continues to roll more or less consistently and Bandera north runs into more variety and more hills as you approach Fredericksburg, East you run into the San Antonio area, but bear southeast a bit, if I recall correctly and you can visit Hondo. An old saloon there was a steakhouse last time I was through, wonderful mesquite fired flavor and great pies. Promised Land dairy is in the area with a tour and great ice cream.<br>

Look for wildlife. I suggest a long lens, the longest you have or rent one in San Antonio. There are interesting small birds, turkeys, deer and exotics on ranches in the area. Wonderful roads for motorcycling--but that's another hobby. Snakes and lizards can be good subjects. Pastoral scenes with cows, horses and such. Landscapes with clouds (sometimes) and wildflowers galore. A macro is another good choice to take along.</p>