F4 light above R2 flashing with ISO set to 250 for XP2

dennis_ng

<p>Got a used F4 and quite happy about it. However, today after taking 26 photos, the light above the R2 flashing. Normally it meant DX code not read but I have set it to ISO 250 for my XP2. Still, I tried all tricks like change battery, turn on&off, use DX, then try ISO 250 again. Still, I press the shutter and it just flash.<br>

Only one camera today and it would ruin the day!<br>

Please help!</p>

<p>that might be I am not sure. But at 26 for both indicated in the data back and the indicator on the film no., I am not sure. But I might have to rewind it any way as there seems not such other options. Unlike the 100+ menu/options as my D300 I "love" to check, it is a F4 and all in switch explcit on the body/lens.<br>

If that is the only option, I would rewind it and move from there.</p>

<p>35mm Ilford XP-2 Super is available in 24 and 36 exposure rolls. The 24 exposure rolls are more common in places other than camera shops. If that's what's in your camera, it wouldn't be unusual to get 26 exposures before the end of the roll. Best advice is to rewind the roll and save what you've taken so far.</p>

<p>Normally an end of roll signal will give you a *steady* light above the R2 lever. At least, that is how my F4 behaves.</p>

<p>I'm not sure what to suggest to you if removing the batteries and setting the ISO manually does not clear the flashing LED. You might try a power rewind (R1 followed by R2) to see if that will clear things.</p>

<p>In addition to a DX coding failure, a flashing LED above R2 can also indicate an internal fault. Hopefully that is not the case here. Good luck.</p>

<p>Thanks all. I have finally given up and just rewind it. It is 36 exposures (and in fact never saw any more 24 exposures for quite some time now). I put in another it works for so far. Would see how it would play in the next few days.<br>

I really like the F4 with my newly acquired 28 F 2.0 Ai. </p>

<p> </p>

<p>I've experienced that very same situation a couple of times at least. In both cases it seemed like the camera couldn't get more film out of the cassette. They became jammed somehow, and other than that, the camera never had a problem.</p>

<p>Congrats on your F4, it's really a joy to be able to attach almost any lens and see it working at its fullest.</p>