D300 analog exposure display blinking

mightypir

<p>I have recently upgraded my D200 to a very gently used D300. Everything works perfectly. One thing that seems to be bothering me (and is probably a simple fix) is that the analog exposure display on the LCD and in the viewfinder seems to blink a lot. I cant seem to figure out why. My understanding is that it would do so if the situation was beyond the scope of the meter, but would that not be with LO or HI? If the meter is showing 1.5s and F2.8 why would it blink? This is happening in all modes (PSAM) and I cant seem to find anything in the manual related to it. I can't recall this issue with my D200.<br>

BTW, the pictures all come out perfectly exposed, there is clearly nothing wrong there, its just an irratant! I have also upgraded to the latest firmware, but no resolution on this.<br>

Anyone have any ideas? Or do I take it back to the shop?</p>

<p>thanks Joshua, but its not that. Bracketing is not on, in fact I cant seem to figure out how to turn it on (unlike my D200)!!! But over the course of the last two days while playing about with the camera, I have done several green dot resets, which should clear it if it was on, right? <br>

As I said, exposure is ok. I just dont understand why the scale blinks at times...and when it does, it does so in all modes...could it be indicating light is beyond the range of the meter?</p>

<p>If you have a VR lens, it may be related to it, the green light blinks, when you move the camera, and keeps blinking until you stop. Havent noticed the rest of the display, but if it is blinking when set to only one and a half seconds, it may cause the rest of the display to blink a bit. Some small computer screens flicker if something on the screen is blinking. </p>

<p> </p>

<p>I haven't as yet graduated to a D300, (although that is my plan. I currently shoot with a Canon G10, and back in the film days shot with a Nikon F3) but since you mention a shutter speed of 1.5 sec, it sounds to me that it may be a warning about camera shake. Try changing only your shutter speed and see if, and when the blinking stops.</p>