I win Dell Laptops a dozen times a day on Photo.net

bernie moore

Does anybody know how to stop the annoying pop-up that congratulates you for winning a Dell laptop. It happens as

I move through "Off Topic" and also on other sites. I don't want to click on their site for any reason.How lucky

can a guy get; I must have won a dozen of them in the last couple of days.

<p>If you are seeing the same ad on PN and on other sites, there is a better than decent chance that your computer is infected with some sort of malware. There are a few legit spyware/adware removal programs out there (and a ton of sketchy ones), but Spybot Search and Destroy is a good place to start.</p>

<p>If others are seeing this ad, please let me know because that means it has snuck in through the filters. Those "you win" ads should never be on photo.net.</p>

Thank you Josh. I got the Spy Doctor for free, then had to pay $29. Seems the tell you what the problem is, then charge to fix it. (Just an observation.) My thanks are not sarcastic. I bought in and haven't won another Dell in several windows. Bob, I wouldn't wish you my good luck in winning Laptops; they clutter the area around your desk, and make a weird noise when you step on them. BTW I am running a new Dell XPS Studio 9000 and only got those pop ups on it and not my old rig. Gotta say though my new 'puter is faster than a Toyota with burnt breaks. Again thanks to all.