Converting RAW's to JPEG's in Lightroom 3 Beta

<p>Hello Everyone!</p>

<p>Okay, maybe I missed the post somewhere on this, but I'm having trouble figuring out how to convert from RAW's to JPEG's in Lightroom. I downloaded the Lightroom 3 Beta software from Adobe to basically try it out. So far I like it except the saving to JPEG part. How do I do this?<br>

The other question is, how do you find the section where you can set the dpi? I feel sort dumb for asking this. I know how to do it in PS, but I can't seem to find it in LR.<br>

One last question, I understand that this is Beta software and that it's basically the version that Adobe is planning to release. My question is....when Adobe actually releases LR 3 for sale, is there any reason that I should get rid of the Beta and buy the final release?</p>

<p>Thanks!<br>

Jamie</p>

<p>You don't "save as" from LR, you Export JPEGs using the Export button in the bottom left hand corner. The Export dialog will let you set size, quality, etc for all the photos you've chosen in the Catalog.</p>

<p>Your Beta software will "expire" and stop working at some time after the official release, so you will need to upgrade (and pay for) a release version.</p>

<p><Chas><br /></p>

<p>Jamie,<br>

if you don't plan to purchase LR, you should also be aware that you won't be able to open the LR catalogue in any other program. Your catalogue contains all the adjustments made to your images (also metadata etc.), so it could be a lot of work to throw away.</p>

<p>Your original images, RAW, Jpeg etc, will of course be unaffeceted and fully accessible, but the edits you made to them in LR will be lost.</p>