Minolta Scan Dual II and 64 bit Vista

<p>Hi,<br /> Has anyone managed to get a Scan Dual II working under Vista 64 bit, either with or without Vuescan? The reason I ask is that I downloaded the trial version of VS which was supposed to work with my old flatbed (Canon Lide35) and had no success. The Lide35 scanner works fine with just Canon Toolbox and the Lide60 driver. There doesn't seem to be any mechanism in Vuescan to point it at the Lide60 driver.<br /> <br /> I'm thinking of bidding on a Scan Dual II and don't want to waste my money in case I have the same problems with the Minolta. I know that Vuescan says it 'should' be OK, but has anyone actually done it?</p>

<p>Most any software or hardware should run on Vista 64 bit. <br>

People have problems due to lack of understanding Systems. <br>

If it does not run in 54, you just right click on the software icon or name and when the menu comes up, click on "Properties" then "Compatibility and set it to the older version you know it works on. XP, 98, whatever and run it. Then when the updated software comes out to run on 64 bit, install it and you are in business. This has worked for many Windows versions, making stuff backwards compatible.</p>

<p>The VueScan RFelease Notes stat that "The following Canon scanners are supported on Windows and Mac OS X, but first need the Canon scanner drivers to be installed." The Lide35 is one of those scanners.</p>

<p>No such requirement is stated for the Minolta scanners.</p>

<p>The VueScan Release Notes are here: <a href="http://www.hamrick.com/vuescan/vuescan.htm#supported">http://www.hamrick.com/vuescan/vuescan.htm#supported</a></p>