7d discount, instant rebate, $1600

kevin_b.2

<p>Yes, there's a whole series of Canon rebates active right now. I have copies of the two Canon .pdf fliers <a href="http://bobatkins.com/photography/digital/rebates/canon_rebates_march_2010.html">Here</a> and <a href="http://bobatkins.com/photography/digital/rebates/canon_rebates_march_2010(2).html">Here</a></p>

<p>It's an "instant rebate" program meaning the vendor deducts the rebate from the price. All "participating Authorized Canon Dealers" should be showing the price drop. The 7D is the only DSLR body with a rebate, but you can get double lens rebates if you also buy a 5D MkII. There's $1000 off a 5D MkII + 200/2L IS.</p>

<p>There is supposed to be a $200 rebate if you buy a 7D + 70-300is, but as far as I can tell, all the major retailers have forgotten they already had a $100 discount on the 70-300is and so are in fact only giving a total $100 discount off the prices they had last week and are giving the $200 discount off the Canon list prices.</p>

<p>"Major"..? Oh well. Other stores, like CAMETA, perhaps not sooo "major", have it for less. +/- $ 1500,- is going to be the average price soon. Some potential Buyers will probably opt for the T2i. Hasn't hit the market here much. Except for the European/International version. Body only should go for +/- $ 799,- for openers...</p>

<p>Sorry, I don't like to be lectured about mistakes that aren't mine... I said +/- $ 1500,- 2nd, I said CAMETA has it for +/- 1500,- I really don't like to plug any dealers but we're all in the market for one item or another. Here it is:</p>

<table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tbody>

<tr>

<td colspan="4">

<h1 >Canon EOS 7D 18MP HD Digital SLR Camera Body D7 NEW USA</h1>

<h2 >CANON USA AUTHORIZED DEALER-Cametaauctions 395K POS FB</h2>

</td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td colspan="4" height="10"></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td >Item condition:</td>

<td colspan="3">New, Never Opened</td>

</tr>

<tr>

</tr>

<tr>

</tr>

<tr>

<td >Time left:</td>

<td colspan="3">29d 17h (Apr 09, 2010 09:54:35 PDT) </td>

</tr>

<tr>

</tr>

<tr>

<td colspan="4"></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td >Price:</td>

<td >US $1,529.95 </td>

</tr>

</tbody>

</table>

<p>This is starting to get on my nerve... Can U read, Kevin..? Soo many comment from <em>pupils</em> (...) who can't seem to do their homework.<br>

One issue that may throw some people off course, (eBay)-CAMETA has the camera under Canon <strong><em>D7</em> </strong> , not 7D. That way they stand out. They've had the item for even less a few weeks ago, independent of current rebates. Of course one has to be clever enough to enter the reverse into the search...<br>

Again, and I don't like doing this, especially not for the FAT:</p>

<li><strong>All Brand New & Factory Sealed</strong> </li>

<li><strong>Complete Package with ALL Manufacturer's Supplied Accessories</strong> </li>

<li><strong>Latest Model with Full Canon USA Warranty</strong> </li>

<p>I paid $1700 at Adorama for my 7D -- and that included: an extra battery, 8GB CF, remote cable release, and a nice little bag (and a few cleaning accessories). This was 6 weeks ago. Excellent deal. <br>

All BRAND NEW of course.</p>

<p>At the risk of sounding like a CAMETA <em>Plugger</em> , they now show (for the "<strong><em>D7</em> </strong> "):<em> Price: </em> <strong><em>US $1,499.95</em> </strong> , USA model & warranty. That doesn't include shipping, a -20,-$ charge for ground... Looks like competition is heating up.<br /> </p>

<p>But Kevin... </p>

<h2>Cametaauctions 395K POS FB</h2>

<p>That should've rung Ur bell, no..? Unless U know about yet another venue whereby Cameta runs its own auctions..? eBy or store, same difference. U get the same merchandise. Buyer beware, as always, of course. By now, many of the above cited <em>majors</em>, have their Amzn and/or eBy outlets. Sign of the times. As to <em>"so serious"</em>... I was laughing my butt off at the circumstance that, at my age, I still seem to be the better Surfer. <br>

Hang sharp.</p>