UPGRADE TO D700

james_xie

<p>My solution? Sony 850. 25 sharp MP's from the same sensor Sony sells Nikon in a wonderful body that sells for $1999. Huge bright viewfinder and though the lens choice is limited they have what I need. The 24-70 is superb. Not an answer for everyone but for what I do it was a smart choice. $8000 image quality for 2 grand.</p>

<p>James,</p>

<p>With a lens collection like that, the D700 would be a great choice. I think you'll enjoy your 14-24 and your 24-70 a lot more when you mount them on an FX body.</p>

<p>Keep in mind that even if a new Nikon model is announced TODAY, it probably won't be widely available by summertime. Better to buy something that's available NOW so you'll have time to practice with it and learn it thoroughly before you begin your travels.</p>

<blockquote>

<p>My solution? Sony 850. 25 sharp MP's from the same sensor Sony sells Nikon in a wonderful body that sells for $1999. Huge bright viewfinder and though the lens choice is limited they have what I need. The 24-70 is superb. Not an answer for everyone but for what I do it was a smart choice. $8000 image quality for 2 grand.</p>

</blockquote>

<p>$8000 image quality at low ISOs only. The D3X handles noise better than the Sonys (thanks to superior processing chips, perhaps?).</p>

<p>That said, Sony has some very nice Zeiss glass available.</p>