Why street photography is facing a moment of truth

clive1

<p>We are all amateurs in the sense no one get pay to do street photography. I suppose PJs can participate street on the side but so can a landscape artist or portrait photographers. It is an odd passion/hobby because there will never a paid position street photographer yet like Ray said: Seems like everybody is a street photographer these days. </p>

<p>Well...I think it is pretty cool because the popularity of it makes shooting out and about much easier for me. Everyone can just buy a digicams these days and hit the street. But it is the results that really counts. Buying a M9 and the latest 'lux ASPH won't make one see and make any better photo than a $500 digicam (in most cases)</p>

<p>The thrill is out shooting and feeling out the place but when everything come together and you get that one awesome exposure...it's so so rewarding and worth it. </p>

<p>The moment of truth I believe is when you walk out into the public, put the camera up to your face, and realise everyone is looking at you, that is when you either take the camera down and walk away, or, <br>

you take the shot, smile at the crowd, look for the next thing that catches your eye, and lift the camera once again.<br>

Have strength in your conviction, faith in your reasons, and courage in the face of adversity, these are what will decide which of the above takes place..</p><div>00WI6H-238187684.jpg.ae4486f06f58ff5167ebef6ac789c83b.jpg</div>