Storage life of APX 100/ Rollei Retro 100

giverin

<p>I know that APX 100/ Rollei Retro 100 is out of production and that they produced a lot of it before production stopped but it will run out eventually and I've read elsewhere that its starting to run out now.</p>

<p>I'm trying to figure out how much to buy now. The APX 100 I have now is dated 05/2011 and I would imagine that the Rollei Retro 100 out there will have a similar date. So I really want to know how long this will remain usable if kept in the fridge?</p>

<p>On a seperate note, how does Rollei Retro 80 compare? I know its based on a film used for aerial photography and some people seem to rate it highly. More importantly, its still in production. </p>

<p>APX100/Rollei Retro 100 lastest batch has exp. date 2011. It's a last production from end 2005. Worldwide stocks are running out now. If putting in a freezer (> -10C) it will be good for another 10 years because it's a medium speed film (iso 100).<br>

Rollei Retro 80S is an arial film from Agfa-Gevaert in Belgium. Partial sensitized in the IR area (750nm). It's a very sharp, detailled and contrastly film. Completely different then Retro 100. APX100/Retro 100 film is very suitable for a Rodinal development. It's a pity the film is running out.</p>

• 2 weeks later...