Petri 55mm 1.4 lens adaptor to Nikon DLSR

tholte

<p>I did do some googling and looking through the archives here but still can't find an answer. I have a Petri FT with a 55mm 1.4 lens. The shutter won't cock (not surprising because I haven't used it since 69 or 70) and don't think it's worth fixing but I have an interest in using the lens if I can get an adaptor for my Nikon D300. Is the lens good enough to make finding an adaptor worthwhile in your opinion? Thanks in advance for any information you may have.</p>

<p>The Petri FT used a proprietary mount. I doubt adapters are made to use Petri lenses on other cameras, since they were of rather ordinary quality.<br>

I think buying a used AI Nikkor 50/1.4 lens from KEH.com is a good idea. There's an AI one in BGN condtion (will be fine) for $89. There's one in UGLY condition (glass damage that will affect results) for $56, if money is tight.</p>

<p>It doesn't sound likely that Petri>Nikon adapters were ever built. But you never know? It always depends on the distance from the film plane that the lenses need too.</p>

<p>Petri FT shutters all died. I own three FT's, one works, two have blown shutters. Petri glass was excellent and shouldn't be "dissed" as "ordinary". I shot many Kodachromes with Petri glass c 1970's, and the results were superb.</p>

<p>According to our very own Bob (<a href="http://www.bobatkins.com/photography/eosfaq/manual_focus_EOS.html">link</a> ):<br /> <br /> Pentax Screw (M42) 45.5 mm<br /> Petri Bayonet 45.5 mm<br /> <br /> Nikon 46.5 mm</p>

<p>So glass is necessary for either M42 or Petri bayonet. For reasons already stated, it would be hard to find one if they exist at all.</p>

<p>Never heard of a Nikon adapter by Petri, but I do have an original Petri made M42 one. <br>

And to other posters dissing Petri, Kuribayashi may have not made cameras comparable to the big 4, but they were no slouch, especially in their optic designs.</p>

<p> </p><div>00Vq0R-222989584.jpg.9397d66ea262e6e2cdc43b8a244f5039.jpg</div>