I need a good traveling backpack.

pasha_belman

Hey guys. I am looking to get a new backpack to carry my gear. I need something nice but will carry: nikon D700 body, Nikon D300, one

80-200mm, few primes. Couple of flashes, and maybe fee other things like batteries and cards and pens and who knows what else. Where

should I go to look around? What store? I am a guy so I want something hip, and not a crazy kidie backpack l :) thanks for any advice

<p>I have purchased many camera packs. I liked the LowePro backpacks but I don't like to carry my camera's that way. I did find a Think Tank at my local camera store that works for me. I suggest you go to a good camera store, taking the equipment you want to carry and check out different packs to see what works for you.</p>

<p>Kata DR467 is worth looking at. I regularly carry;<br>

D300<br>

F5<br>

20/2.8<br>

35-70/2.8<br>

180/2.8<br>

one other medium size lens (55/2.8, 85/2)<br>

SB-400 flash<br>

Batteries, a polarizing filter, extra cards, rain cover, notebook and etc.</p>

<p>Its also comfortable to carry and has a laptop compartment if you need it.</p>

<p>For transport of equipment from destination to destination (not what I use for daily outings) I LOVE the Tamrac Exedition Series. I use the 7 which would accommodate the equipment you mention. The pack has incredible construction with high-end feel to the materials used, is extremely comfortable to wear for extended periods, looks professional and sharp, and is well padded. I use it to travel from home, through airports, to destinations. Once I arrive at a destination, I switch to a smaller bag for day outings because I rarely need to lug everything I brought with me to each outing during the trip. <br>

In NYC, B&H Photo has a dozen aisles of virtually every bag imaginable on display. </p>

<p>i have the kata dr-467 too. it's a good urban bag with excellent "build quality" whose strength is it doesnt look like a camera bag. i've carried d300w/50-150, d80 w/12-24+ sb-600, 2-3 add'l small-to-medium lenses, filters, pens, flash bracket, etc. plus Asus netbook in the laptop section. the back padding is thick and comfortable for hours of carry time. the padded gear section is reconfigurable and removable. no tripod holder though. also, if you are going backcountry or hiking i would look for something with padded waist straps, which the DR-467 doesn't have.</p>