Kodak E6 Kit Life

<p>Hi<br>

I was wondering how I should go about storing the Kodak E6 (Six step) processing kit once I start to use it. I don't develop too often (once every two weeks or so) and want to maximise the lifetime of the concentrates and the working solutions.Working solutions shoudnt be tooo hard as i can use 500ml bottles to the top but waht about concentrates? Are they good in the standard kodak bottles?<br>

Thanks in Advance,</p>

<p>I mix them 1 liter a time. After the first liter, tightly capping in the original bottles and using CO2 to disperse the oxygen in the bottles, I have gotten good results max 1 year later. I develop 6-8 rolls per liter, depending on 24 or 36 exposure, so I don't mix a liter until I have the rolls ready to develop. I have never pushed past one year, though, I try to plan everything so I use the kit up in 6-8 months. I have never had the chems go off, this even includes a kit I purchased which was already 6 months past the expiration date labelled on it.</p>

<p>An important note. The working solutions will only last 1-2 weeks max, especially the developers. Don't work this way, save up your film until you have 6-8 rolls to develop, then develop in one day.</p>

<p>I actually mix everything one-shot - I have a bunch of small grads that measure out in 1ml or 2ml increments, so it's actually fairly easy to do... and for the quantities that need 0.1 ml precision, I have a few syringes. The initial setup in the Jobo takes a while (to get the bath up to temp as well as mixing out the six bottles of chems), but once I get the first roll developing, I take the time during the first developer, color dev, and bleach, to mix out the next batch - so it takes less time for subsequent rolls.</p>

<p>The kit I got back in November 2009 I think has an expiration listed at around June 2010... might be later though. From what I've read though the kit should last at least a year from when it is first opened. Right now I've already gone through half, and process 1 - 2 rolls a week on average (some weeks zero, other weeks maybe up to 3).</p>

<p>I would say less than a year, definitely, if you don't get the oxygen out of the concentrates. I had a batch of Fuji E6 that I purchased in May 09 and used it to make 1L. I was not able to process again until the 14th of February of this year. When I mixed it up from concentrate again, the standard times were very under exposed. Using an extended first developer time improved density but had a strong yellowish color shift.</p>

<p>I shot a test roll and cut it in half, processed one half in the old chemistry, then bought a new batch and re-mixed it. The old chem behaved as above, and the new one was perfect at the listed 6 minute time, with no color shifts. So I would say unless you use some sort of anti-oxidizing agent, you should use the chemicals as quickly as possible. Just obey what it says in the instructions.</p>