Why I love Ektar!

<blockquote>

<p>Yeah, sure he "fixed" the picture in Photoshop all right, but he got it completely wrong.</p>

</blockquote>

<p>No, no, no, no no!<br>

I never claimed to have 'fixed' your picture of the building! As I said above, it's just different.</p>

<p>I'm truly sorry if I offended you, but your bio says that you're new to photography, and my intent was to encourage you to dig deeper into your images to find everything that's there. It may well be that the initial version was, to your eye, as good as it could possibly be. That's wonderful! Sorry to have implied otherwise.</p>

<p>But I'm very excited about the potential of Ektar 100, and wanted to point out that it's a film with far more potential than whatever you may get from a mini-lab. If I was clumsy in the way that I approached your pictures, I apologize.</p>

<p>That said, here I go again: Robert Lee questioned Ektar's ability to hold shadow detail. I made the pair of pictures below to illustrate that it can, but I hesitated to post them for fear that you'd take offense. </p>

<p>There's another problem here, one that's endemic to on-line discussions of photography: What you're seeing is not what I'm seeing. Monitors vary widely, and by default most of them are set far too bright and in most cases the contrast is set much too high. (I guess that the manufacturers think it makes 'em 'look better' in the computer store.) A couple of your comments make me think that this may be the case with your monitor, which is why I asked about calibration. (I deal with architects and art directors who are very fussy about such things, so I re-calibrate my monitors every few weeks.)</p>

<p>Bottom line: I've been a professional photographer for over fifty years, and I love to share my enthusiasm for the craft with those who are new to it. It's my hope that others will take the time to explore their images in depth, and find the same joy that I take in doing that.</p><div>00Vqlq-223429584.jpg.30b5915f88e26428b2cbeeaa3e2336bd.jpg</div>

<p>Greg, <br>

Kids today aren't the least bit interested in learning from anyone, especially someone who might actually know what they are talking about. They already know it all and are only interested in being told how great they are already.<br>

The Jazz great Branford Marsalis can bring you up to date on this new phenomenon.<br>

<a href="