dead pixels on 50D

prasad_apte

<p>Hi guys<br>

Right now I gave my 50D to canon because when I see the images on the computer at 100% zoom there were some pixels which always showing just a green pixels, whatever I shoot , those same pixels are showing green. I don't know any standard term for this so I am mentioning "the dead pixels".<br>

The camera is with canon now, but out of curiosity I want to know that what exactly is this, how much it will cost me to fix it, need to change the sensor? and what is the reason to create this problem?<br>

can anyone tell me? anybody faced this problem?<br>

Prasad</p>

<p>Unless extreme amounts, don't bother as stuck pixels are normal. BEsides, you can reduce them yourself with the "lenscap/cleaning mode trick" or map them out in DPP. No matter what, it will never be perfect and some stuck pixels will always be present.</p>

Sometimes the light’s all shining on me. Other times I can barely see.

- Robert Hunter

<p>If you can, get a hold of Lightroom because Lightroom covers over the stuck pixels. I had about 6 or 7 stuck pixels on my 20D, green red and blue, but I didn't notice them until I opened up an Image one day in DPP, I thought this can't have happened over night, so I opened up the same Image in Lightroom and the stuck pixels were there for a fraction of a second and then they were gone.</p>