EW-83H or EW-83J hood on 24-105mm for Both 1.6x and FF sensors?

a_b84

<p>If this was a new lens, the vendor is likely disreputable; like all L lenses, the 24-105 includes a hood. If it's a used lens, you should at least contact the vendor to ask why the hood wasn't included.</p>

<p>I use the 83J on the 24-105 on a 1.6-crop camera; as you'd expect from a hood designed for a wider lens, there's no problem. I suspect it would cause vignetting on a full frame body since it's designed for coverage equivalent to roughly 27, but never having tested it, I can't say from personal experience.</p>

<p>AB, the 5D/5DII+24~105 kits include an EW-83H hood, and it is also included if the lens is bought separately. If yours is missing, contact Adorama for a replacement.</p>

<p>The more recent Canon 83mm hoods are physically interchangeable (not sure about the hood for the 24/1.4II). This is not true for some earlier 83mm hoods. The hood for the 100~400 is a different fitting altogether, and the EW-83D[iI] hood for the original 24/1.4 is marginally tight but can be eased to fit.</p>

<p>The EW-83J hood is designed for the EF-S 17~55/2.8IS, and, not surprisingly, it works perfectly on the 17~40 on 1.6-factor, and with something to spare on the 24~105 on 1.6-factor. On FF any vignetting on the 24~105 is very minor and occurs only at or very close to 24mm; my son uses it on his 5D/24~105 combination and says he never sees vignetting. However, if you can get the EW-83H that you are entitled to, then it is doubtful if it is worth spending more money on the EW-83J unless you are also going to use the lens on 1.6-factor, for which purpose the EW-83J is definitely better.</p>

<p>I've emailed adorama regarding about 5d mark ii with 24-105mm lens kit included the hood or not before I place my order but one of adorama's rep. replied to my email that the hood is sold separately. I didn't realize the hood came with the lens after I submitted my order 2 days after. So I decided to call adorama's sale department to find out. The guy one the phone said the hood came with 2-105mm lens. I wasn't sure until I received my package.</p>