part needed for densitometer:

anthony3

<p>I just picked up a Mantis Densitometer (Absolute Photographic Co) and it did not have the attachment for shutter speed which I believe is a small optical cable that attaches to the unit. If anyone has one from a broken unit or wants to sell one or has one to loan so I can get back to the Zone System and check my shutter speeds I would appreciate it.<br>

Regrds,<br>

Anthony</p>

You may have most luck by trying to contact the company (apparently a very small operation), if it is still around. I found one reference to it and to their unit, a monochrome densitometer that once sold for about $600 new. Otherwise, try a note in the large format forum, or by Googling a LF photography site.

Absolute Photographic Company

729 Lemay Ferry Rd

Saint Louis, MO 63125-1427

<table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tbody>

<tr>

<td height="8"> </td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td >Phone:</td>

<td >(314) 802-8855</td>

</tr>

</tbody>

</table>

<p>Have you tried Xlab? I have never used them, but that website is a big auction for scientific equipment. There is a photographic section. I have seen some densitometers put up for auction there, but I have never participated.</p>

<p>An example of their typical client would be someone who was auctioning off factory parts; or, if you were selling off a minilab full of equipment. The densitometers I saw on there looked like they had been put through many hours of factory use. Maybe they will have something you need; or, maybe someone who auctions there is stuck with the part you want to buy. Like any auction, what's on display at a time fluctuates. </p>

<p>Thanks for the suggestions. I have searched everywhere for the company but they seemed to have completely disappeared. I will keep a look out at Xlab as suggested and hope for the best. In the mean time it is still fine for reading density.</p>