how do i delete my account

scott_lewis3

<p>Saying that FLICKR is better than photo.net is like saying that pickles are better than bowling balls. They're not really trying to be the same thing (what a relief!). <br /><br />You can change your own e-mail forwarding by simply signing into your PN account (which you've already done), and following the "My Workspace" link to change your settings. If you really can't be bothered to look for that link (near the top of the workspace page), <strong><a href="../pvt/choose-email">here's the link</a></strong>.<br /><br />As for deleting your account: you can't. If you check the site's terms of use, you'll see that one of the most important things about this site is that its discussion forums are archival. That's why its such a valuable resource, even years after a conversation has taken place. If you were to delete your contributions out of the middle of those conversations, the threads would start to make no sense.<br /><br />You can, of course, delete any images you have posted, erase your bio, and delete your self portrait. Everything but your posting/rating/critique history is then gone. If you're really, really worried about the fact that your name is going to be on an idle account, you can use the link on your workspace page to request a name change. Just be sure to give a good explanation for why that's needed.</p>

<p>Scott, I deleted your request because talking about that sort of thing isn't "public forum" conversation. I can't exactly ask you about personal account info where millions of people can look at it can I?</p>

<p>I also sent you an email to your photo.net registered address explaining why I had done so and asking you a couple questions that I needed to know in order to make it happen.</p>

<p>Check your email.</p>