Where to get sample release forms/language

gk_sullivan

<p>I am retiring and already have old clients who want me to do some aerial photography for them. I formerly took them for in house purposes so I never gave a release a second thought. I have no problem giving all rights to the client as they will get the raw and jpeg images. Do I just gin up a release of some sort? Is there a place to download sample releases? Someone want to share one, even on an anonamous basis? I searched the site and could find nothing like this.....</p>

<p>Thanks in advance for any help you might provide</p>

<p>GK:<br /> <br /> Not sure why you would need a release form. You will be giving away all rights to the clients, right? Including copyright? If so, a simple "I hereby grant NN all rights, including copyright, to the photos (identify by file name or whatever suits you) in perpetuity(if that's what you want to do). <br /> <br /> Since the property you photograph is the client's they don't need any "release" to use the images.<br /> <br /> Do you really want to hand over the RAW files? Most image users - even professional ones - are pretty lousy at dealing with RAW files of any kind. I'd give them the edited JPG's and leave it at that. If the client gets a RAW file from you and muck it up horribly it'll possibly reflect poorly on you and your business/service.<br /> <br /> Hope that helps.</p>

<p>Thanks guys, really good ideas, will look at the books and go to the asmp website. Sounds like a model signs a release and you license photos. Mikael may have the key, I may not need to license them at all. Aerials are time sensitive... things change in the world of commercial real estate and I may be doing these again in a couple of years. My current client requested a "release form" so I will just use something like Mikael's language. He will be using the photos in marketing materials in print and on the internet so the raw files will help his graphic artist. I agree, if he was only printing some and putting them on his website then the jpegs would be all that would be needed. </p>

<p>Thanks again! Gael</p>