What camera are you "focusing" on now (pun intended)?

<p>Tom, welcome to the OM cult. First one or one of many?</p>

<blockquote>

<p>Well, I too am trying out my "new" OM-1. It is hard to put this camera down. I just love the look and feel of it. I also purchased a 35-70 f/3.5-4.8 zoom, and 200mm f/4 from KEH</p>

</blockquote>

<p>I had that 200 f/4 an used on a Olympus digital body. Nice lens. Too bad I sold it. That was before I bought my first OM. Too bad the Olympus digital bodies don't come close to the the OMs in design. Dang, now I wish I still had that thing.</p>

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<p>Kevin, this is my first Olympus. Like I said, I am quite impressed with it so far. I am still waiting for my lenses from KEH, they were supposed to be delivered today. I also ordered some Black Kid skin leather covering for it from cameraleather.com. I was going to get the dark gray lizard skin but I let my wife talk me out of it.</p>

<p>Mamiya RZ67 and a pile of lenses. I bought these when the bottom fell out of the MF market but I hadn't really gotten that much use out of them until recently. I really love working with the large bright viewfinder. My poor old eyes have trouble some times, so it was a revelation to look through the RZ. As soon as I got my first large chomes back I was hooked. I am really enjoying this beast. Yes it is heavy and bulky and I need a tripod for everything, but what a blast! I got a lot of lenses very cheap and I am exploring them one or two at a time. (50mm ULD, 75mm Shift, 110mm F2.8, 140mm Macro, 180mm Soft Focus, 210mm APO, 350mm APO, and a 500mm APO)<br>

I am trying everything form Architecture to Zoo's (A to Z) and have a real good time!<br>

A also still shoot 2 old motor-driven nikon F's and a pair of F2's. They are old and archaic but sooooo sexy!</p>

<p>I've been playing around with my Argus C3 a little more lately.  I just fixed the shutter and I shot a couple of test rolls of film.  I hope they turn out okay!  I have to say I missed using it! </p>

<p>Otherwise, I really seem to be getting into antique Polaroid Land cameras lately.  I just bought a Polaroid Automatic 103, and that's probably what I'll be using next. </p>

<p>I'm still carrying my OM4Ti (my bag is sitting next to my PC). I've got a roll of Velvia in it which I have to finish, that'll give me an excuse to get up early in the morning and hike up to the shrines. I'm also playing with the M4. Yesterday I picked up a nice Summaron 35/2.8 with a Leitz filter set and a 12585 hood for a good price. I took some street corner shots with in yesterday afternoon, and developed the film a couple of hours ago, I'm very impressed with the results. I'll take the M4 with me tomorrow as well (wow, an OM4 and an M4...).</p>

<p>It's pretty much a three-way split at the moment:</p>

<ul>

<li>Leica M3, to get some time in before it goes off for a service.</li>

<li>Nikon F3HP with MD4 - hands down my favourite 35mm SLR ever.</li>

<li>Pentax MX, which fits nicely under a coat, safe from the UK's weather.</li>

</ul>

<p>Weather's improving, though. It will soon be time to break out the Rolleiflex SLX and Mamiya RZ67.</p>

I try not to focus on cameras--I focus on lenses, then find the body that lens me take best advantage of the lens. In my

case, I like the Nikon and Leica lens lines, which means that the bodies I'm most interested in are the Nikon F4 (most

advanced Nikon film camera with discrete controls), FA (most advanced midrange Nikon film camera), and FM3A (most

advanced Nikon film camera with full mechanical control), and the new Zeiss Ikon (best price/performance in a Leica M

mount film camera).

<p>Not a lot of time for shooting for fun right now (business has been good) but when I'm not firing away with the Canon 5Dmk2 I like to pull out the Leica M6. Next up will be the Bronica SQAi.<br>

I can't put film through all of them though... I'm cleaning up a lovely Spotmatic, a superb OM1n MD and a really nice SRT101 that are destined for fleabay.</p>

<p>Hey Andy I'm back! Actually I never left, just getting the photo mojo flowing again after a move and a cold winter so far. Anyway, I'm really getting into the M42 screwmount cameras since I recently acquired an ugly, but useable 75-230mm Yashinon zoom for the Yashica TL-Electro and I just acquired two Pentaxes, a Spotmatic with the 50mm f/1.4 Super Takumar and a somewhat sluggish Heiland Honeywell H2 in lovely black finish (rare maybe?) with a f/2 Auto-Takumar (not really all that auto... takes some getting used to). Now all I need is a wide angle, probably the 28mm f/3.5... KEH here I come! And to top it off, I discovered some leftover Plus-X in my bulk loader (who knows how old it is...). Guess I better get busy! Cheers, Allan</p>

<p>Took my Nikkormat FTn with Nikkor f2 lens out for a spin today loaded up with some 200 ASA Fuji print film. It felt really great using such a classic piece of kit - lovely and heavy. It's the first time I've used this one since I got it from ebay, cleaned it up and replaced all the seals, so I'm hoping everything works out fine. Expect to use the remainder of the film tomorrow and get it processed and the scans on CD during the week.</p>