Anyone in France or can access Paris Match Magazine?

<p>I sold a photo taken during the actual earthquake in Haiti to Paris Match, and since I am in Wisconsin USA I have no idea how to find a copy. Any ideas? They said it was for a full page spread. If you have access to the magazine I could send a copy of the photo so you know what to look for.</p>

<p>Thanks much,<br>

James</p>

<p>Most publications are happy to do that sort of thing. I've only rarely actually put it IN the contract. However, when I was doing editorial stuff, I was working with magazines that I had worked with regularly and they were fairly loose and mellow about the whole thing.</p>

<p>James, Paris Match is so widely circulated that it's plausible that a copy of that magazine is available at a library near you. If it's not in your public library, try a university library. They usually have a higher percentage of foreign language publications. Congratulations on your photo deal. </p>

<p>Thanks for all the good information and congratulations. I didn't think it was my most impressive photo, but the fact that it was during the earthquake must have been important</p>

<p>I live a couple hours from a university library, or even a significant public library, otherwise I would call around and try to find someplace that carries it. I also figure it will take a while to get over here... I did ask for a couple copies, I'll see what they say. There is nothing about it in the contract.</p>

<p>It would be the next copy of Paris Match coming out now or shortly. They asked if they could purchase exclusive use for the time of their publication, which the contract states as 1/21-1/28. A photo of the magazine opened to the photo would be awesome, I have no idea how they used it other than that they wanted it for a full page spread. I'll try and post a small version of it here...</p>

<p>Thank you very much for your help Jack, that is the first confirmation outside the magazine that they actually used the photos, so I greatly appreciate that news! It's been a wild ride trying to figure out how to go about dealing with a magazine as an amateur... :) They have treated me very well, I just didn't know what I was doing... I was pretty sure at first it was a scam because they talked about needing account information to wire payment. :D</p>

<p>They also syndicated the rest of the photos I took that day, so I'm wondering how I will know if those photos are used... I guess I'll find out eventually...</p>

<p>I publish regularly to mags and other publications.When they request your work you should always get confirmation that they will send copy of publication.When you send multiple photos you cannot always be sure how many are used,you can always use your internet to search.I had two photos used by others mags in China and Sweden,found them on the internet but had not gotten paid for them.The original receiver of the photos eventually did pay me........Cheers Birte</p>

<p>Thanks for the information. I haven't heard back from the editor about whether they will send copies, but I figure they are off working on the next issue and don't want to spend time on past issues at this point... Paris Match also hasn't made actual payment yet, still waiting to hear the wire went through to the non-profit. I'd love to know how syndication works with them also, but I guess I just have to trust they will let me know if something gets picked up...</p>

<p>no need to go to France to get one, i have multiple new stand in Montreal (Canada) that have it .. if i see one with a shaking image in it i will gladly take a picture of it and send ti to you..or buy one and send it to you..</p>

<p>just send me you adress and i will send one to you when i see one.</p>

<p>I managed to find that particular issue of Paris Match at my local bookstore, and I bought the only copy they had. Two of James' images are used inside as double-page spreads (each image occupying two full pages). One of them was apparently captured during the quake as people were running for cover.</p>

<p>This is the cover for that issue on Paris Match's web site.: <a href="http://photo.parismatch.com/journal/3166/1417809-1-fre-FR/3166_sommaire_photo_big.jpg">http://photo.parismatch.com/journal/3166/1417809-1-fre-FR/3166_sommaire_photo_big.jpg</a></p>