Dream Photography Project

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<p>I will travel to <strong>New York City</strong> (My favorite city after mine -<strong>La Paz, Bolivia</strong> -) and start shooting everything about the city... The skylines, the bridges, the people, the landmarks, the Ellis Island, the buildings, absolutely everything I could. I've seen this city zillions of times through movies and photographs, that I'm dreaming about the day that finally, I can hold a New York picture of my own making...</p>

<p>Well... I must admit, I'd love to do a nice slow photo shoot of some far off place like New Zealand, Australia, Japan or Europe. I'm 66-years old, did 3 years of military service and have never traveled abroad, so that would fulfill a life long desire of mine. Taking photos with "good" equipment would be icing on my cake. But... I've long had an idea that I believe should take precedence, would also be fulfilling, and meaningful to far more people that just myself.<br /> <br /> If I could afford it, I'd like to work my way from one side of the country to the other making a photographic record of what most of us never see; moreover, don't want to see. I'd like to photograph dumps and landfills across this nation; and then photograph the beauty of the surrounding area that's being lost to them. When people see things of this nature with their own eyes, it becomes real and they lose the bliss that comes from ignorance. This often incites them to a sense of urgency to change things for the better. My theme would be; "Which do you want leave for YOUR descendants?"</p>

<p>I would travel to several different cities and countries to document the places that our foreign exchange students came from, their life styles, and how they have chnaged. This I woulduse to help the organization.<br>

That would cover:<br>

San Palo, Brazil <br />Prague, Czec Republic<br />Vilhe, Copenhagen, and Odsense, Denmark<br />Boda, Norway,<br />Paris, France<br />Hamberg, Munich, and Kiel Germany<br />Switzerland<br />Estonia<br />Helsinke, Finland<br />Budapest, Hungary<br /><br /> </p>

<p>Do I get to stay as long as I want? I would like to continue working on a project of the children and people of South East Asia. I am so excited about the new PoGo printer. I will now be able to hand out little photos to all the kids as I photograph them. I can't say enough about my new little printer. If will fit in my pocket. As a war torn area the love and joy these people have is unbelievable. The color of all the hill tribes is so amazing too.<br>

With all that money I'm sure I would be able to publish a beautiful book and share the beauty of the people of SEA.<br>

Mickey Perreaud</p>

<p>10K would go very far in Indonesia - I have just spent 3 months there on a yacht and would happily go back as we only scratched the surface... * they're a beautiful, smiling and happy nation * European travellers are a total fascination in remote areas - and you're the photographic subject (everyone has a mobile phone nowadays!) * get to the crater of Gunung Sibayak in northern Sumatra in time for sunset * Borneo's Orang-utans * on the flipside, the poverty is heartbreaking * Bali's Hindu temples, not forgetting the beautiful Balinese dancers * awesome underwater photography in southern Rinca, Banda and Wakatobi * how about a close encounter with the Komodo dragons to get the adrenalin pumping? * the ancient art of weaving in Flores * the surfers in Lombok.... it's a very humbling country. You should go there someday. </p>

<p>My dream photography project would be to document the all the remaining people of the world that to this day live away from modern civilization and fiercely defend their traditions, lifestyles, foods, cooking methods, legends, beliefs, etc.</p>

<p>This is both an extraordinarily easy and difficult question at the same time. The real dilemma here is to choose between a selfish project or a selfless one, or in other words, something I long to do for my own self or something that I feel would be of great service. An opportunity like this should not be taken lightly.<br>

At first impulse, it's a no-brainer for me: Denali. I used to be a naturalist there, and it's where I first cut my teeth as a serious nature photographer, turning semi-pro in 1998. When I left twelve years ago, I vowed I would someday return on my own terms, fully prepared to absorb all that it had to reveal to me and my creative potential. Living inexpensively, one could conceivable spend an entire season, late April through September there on $10,000.<br>

But then it suddenly becomes more complex when I think of all the places in Alaska that I want to photograph: the Pribilof Islands, Katmai, Glacier Bay.<br>

It becomes even more complex when I think of what I could do with this opportunity to help environmental and human rights causes. I'm very active in Mountaintop Removal mining issues, but this is a topic that has already received considerable photojournalism coverage. Someone earlier mentioned the Congo: this is an area of extreme human conflict that should receive a lot more attention, and it is an area in which I have had great interest as well. <br>

Ultimately, it may not be that easy, because if I were to embark on such an expedition, it could and probably would be life-changing. I would seriously have to be ready for it, because I don't think I'd be able to go back to my day job after something like this. <br>

Ultimately, it makes me think that if I'm not already doing these things, and I really want to do them, why am I wasting my time? Why am I not doing them already, or planning a way to do them as soon as possible? Perhaps these are the questions we should be asking.....</p>

<p>I would cover the life of a racehorse from birth to death. They are so precious and funny and proud, and I would want to capture all of the personality of the horse, his ups and downs, his triumphs and failures, and how he interacted with the people in his life. To do this, I would want my dream camera - the EOS1D Mark IV. I already have all the lenses I need. </p>

<p>I would like to go to Andaman & Nicobar Islands to document lost tribes ,people and flora fauna of these islands ,not visited by many but am sure quite visual treat ,sharing them with a world and get it published ,to perhaps provide them education and enhance their stories through pictures , I would take My sony a-700 with all the lenses I own with memory cards using the money only for travel and basic survival. All proceeds of the book or sale of any picture would go to charity or fund any scientific project on these islands.Just today one of the oldest inhabitants passed away and a language known ,spoken by him was lost for ever.Hope to open more doors and discover ancient customs and document languages of these little known islands. Would love to have more people join this cause and appeal to those who have time/money to spare to spare a thought to support this cause. I do wish everyone good luck and pray all have their dreams fulfilled ,never stop dreaming, having hope,faith, help humanity for sustainable future for the future generation. Thanks Hannah and all the fellow members of this site, this post has all of Photo.net members excited sharing their dreams, although the prize only should not be a motivator to pursue any dream /project its the thought and purpose of goal that's more important ,just sharing My thoughts.</p>