Dream Photography Project

<p>I spent two weeks in Cuba on a tour. I would go back and photograph the people and their way of life in depth. The hard ships and sorrows of a people living in a Communist country. Photograph their homes, business, schools, churches and farms. Then publish a book on this subject. The people in Cuba love Americans. So the trip would be an eye opener, for most Americans to see how happy the Cuban people are, with very little things they have.<br>

Richard Rickard</p>

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<p>Tom, Head for Bryce too....My husband and I were speachless, when we first approached the rim.<br>

Lucia, I would love to help you with the Hospice project...I was, before I retired, a palliative care RN, for the last 7 yrs. of my 36 yr. career. Was very, very rewarding...they taught me much about living.<br>

Also, would really love to travel my home province of BC, and especially document the small towns, that do not appear on any map, but in the memories of those who lived there. Taking photos of the old mines, and log cabins...barns...abandoned ,rusting vehicles...these are my loves (other than my family and friends,of course!)</p>

<p>I have a number of places on my bucket list, but the area that tops the list would be May-October in Australia. It is almost as diverse as my native Canada. If Australia is out I would like to go to Africa for the start or end of the rainy season.<br>

Two dSLR bodies, a crossover digital camera, three zoom lens to cover from 15mm to 500mm, plus the regular assortment of support technology for the digital equipment.<br>

I am ready anytime. Anybody offering?</p>

<p >Since 2006 i’m working photographing the essence of the dance movements. You don’t need to imagine my results, just go to <a href="http://www.torija.mx/">www.torija.mx</a> and you’ll see what I mean. Until now I have photographed more than 50 international, national and local dance companies from classical to contemporary, ethnic, jazz, ritual, modern, folklore, performance, etc. and with enough support I would keep developing this project for several years more. Said that, is easy for you all to understand that I’ll need part of the money to print my work large size on canvas (as stated in the specifications of my project), and the ticket (and the rest of the money) to travel to different places to exhibit it (I would go to N.Y or Chicago). What would I pick from the closet? Not much, only a Canon EOS 7D and a Canon EF 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6L IS USM; a heavy Bogen/Manfrotto photo tripod, two very big Compact Flash cards (16 mb each at least), and three fresh camera batteries…Ahh and keeping my good luck to be permitted to go inside the theaters with all my gear and take the pictures!</p>

<p >Arturo Rodriguez Torija.</p>

<p>I would probably return to Hangzhou China where I spent the summer of my first year MFA while at Pratt Institute (1988 with SVA). I would take this trip with my 11 year old son who is just getting into photography. I think a trip where we could shoot together in a place where I took some amazing pictures would be an amazing experience for both of us. Oh and gimme a digital Leica M with a 24 mm and a few bricks of TMax 3200 to load in my trusty old M4P.</p><div>00VY6P-211837584.jpg.58840f5774084f4155acedf560c9840b.jpg</div>

<p>A horseman involved in therapeutic horse back riding programs in North Carolina for years, I would like to donate sets of photographs, showcasing their work and unique approaches, to fledgling therapeutic programs (most of which are non profit) from each state. Too often the essential gap that these programs struggle to close is one of communication - supply and demand can't find one another in a timely way. I have found the magic of the special unions that these programs create between giving horses and people with varuious needs (physical, emotional, cognitive, etc.) avail themselves to capture by photography and videography - and these images serve the programs well by attracting donors and energizing participants. </p>

<p>I'd do the same as James Harr but for Native American Indians on reservations - the poorest, most forgotten, neglected, and abused people in this country. All I'd need for equipment is what I already have. The balance after paying for the trip I would donate directly to the tribes.</p>

<p>Hi, As critical care nurse and photographer I have dreamt for along time about traveling to various regions of the world, and documenting what nurses do in their own environmemt, from the high tech of north america where supplies and medical support are at our finger tips, to africa where high tech is a chest tube that drains into a bucket. I see this project as a way of bring to light what nurses truly do in this day and age. We no longer just empty bed pans and hold hands. Although when there is nothing left to do, holding a hand is all you can do as some's loved one passes. When it comes to nursing and health care pictures can truly be worth a thousand words and then some. Wow what a dream come to true to be able to travel and do this project. Thanks for your time Steve Munn</p>

<p>We would continue doing as we are doing, traveling around the United States in our RV, taking photos, telling our wonderful stories and sharing them with our many readers. Living our dream is what this life is all about and our adventures get better every year, we are now on year five and having the time of our lives.</p><div>00VY6j-211837884.jpg.fa1fde7b22d3cb0e703c8c0fc93da7c2.jpg</div>

<p>Awesome proposition. Living in Vancouver BC, I wouldn't go far - I'd use a fraction of the $10K to buy some proper camping gear and make the day long journey to the northern tip of Vancouver Island and do a week at Cape Scott Park. Since it's hike-in only, and usually soaking wet, I'm convinced there's lots of photos that still need to be taken. Sand and surf, birds and beasts, rocks and rain, fog and infinity are all there waiting to be captured and shared.<br>

I would search the closet for the Nikon D3s, and do my shooting with a view to integrating movies with stills. I would anguish over which telephoto lens to bring along....but would have to carry....for a rainy week.</p>

<p>Easy one. I've lost both of my parents to cancer in the last two years and I've realized just how short life really is. My thoughts have turned toward (dream) travel recently so I'd be headed to southeast Asia; Thailand, Laos and Vietnam. Japan (brother & sister born here) and Okinawa (Dad stationed in the Air Force here) would be in there somewhere along the way too. Camera would be a Canon 5d, 50mm 1.2L, and a 28-300mm 3.5L. I don't have any of the aforementioned gear yet, but a girl's gotta have her dreams...</p>

<p>I would travel to one or two of the poorest places on the planet where people have little or nothing in worldly possessions. I would hope to capture their plight and their enduring spirit to survive.<br>

My attempt would be to record the worst of life's blows to man and in stark contrast, the ability<br>

of man to overcome with such a will to live that it boggles the mind.</p>

<p>I would then submit these images to galleries, news forums etc...so we all might see how blessed we are.</p>

<p>As a new photography teacher in high school who's just bringing the program into the digital age...(and who loves to use this forum's photographers' photos for class critiques!), I'd use the $10,000 to buy more camera equipment and computers to get more students hands-on and add the closet full of gear for their experience. THEN...with the roundtrip flight, I'd go somewhere QUIET for a few days... long enough to plan some new and exciting lessons/projects for the students to try when I got back. LOVE the cool stuff they come up with when you give them a starter idea!</p>

I would persue a main life goal of documenting endangerd, invasive, and all around preditory animals in the Brazilian Rain Forest. My goal is to provide data, education, and images on the preditory species effect on the eco systme's health. My goal in this is to show the facts proving the importance of preditory mamals and reptiles in the natural maintinance of the forest. People tend to over look the importance of what the natural world provides for us. The end result of the research would be for the pourpose of educating upcoming generations. I would hope to record facts and observations along with the emotional impact of the experiance to support them.

The basic gear off the top of my head would be infrared camera traps, 2 nikon d3 bodys with proper weather proofing for the climate, a 50mm f1.4 prime lense, 55-200 mm lens, 150-500mm lens, along with at least two lightweight carbonfiiber tripods. I'll spare the list of accesories/backup gear, journals, and such.

<p>I would definitely fly to Beijing, catch the Trans-Siberian train through Mongolia to Russia (documenting the culture along the way), then head east on the train to <strong>Khabarovsk. </strong> There the trip changes to action photography when we go heli skiing in Northern Russia!<br>

<br /> I would basically need the kit I have + replace the 5D body and 16-35mm lens that got stolen from me last summer. I would ad a quantum head/pack and a radio slave, then it would be on. <br>

<br /> <strong>That is my dream. Maybe if I keep dreaming it, it will happen someday :)<br /> </strong></p>

<p>Where: Haiti<br>

What: The rebuilding of Haiti, focusing on it's people, and those helping them.<br>

Why: I've been to Haiti and seen the poverty and hopelessness of it's people. I simply can't understand how they could have any hope at all. These people started with almost nothing. Now, with the loss of family, friends and what little property they might have must be the most heart-broken people on the planet. </p><div>00VY8I-211859584.jpg.c7c8bdae956d53fc49f474d1dc755c52.jpg</div>

<p>Where: Haiti<br>

What: The rebuilding of Haiti, focusing on it's people, and those helping them.<br>

Why: I've been to Haiti and seen the poverty and hopelessness of it's people. I simply can't understand how they could have any hope at all. These people started with almost nothing. Now, with the loss of family, friends and what little property they might have must be the most heart-broken people on the planet. </p>

<p>As much as I would love to travel the world photographing people and places, I honestly have the biggest passion for those in my backyard. I would trade in the plane ticket to pay for gas and car upkeep and travel the USA photographing the unsung heroes... the families of the military, police, and firefighters. After having my closest friends be military wives and being a volunteer firefighter girlfriend I think there is a lot of misguided notions of what it is to be a wife or husband of one of our country's bravest. I would want to show them both at their best and their day to day lives including the waiting by the phone, talking on skype, taking care of the kids, participating in FRG's and so on. I would then create a book to showcase the images and their stories.</p>

<p>I would trek to Kruger National Park in South Africa. I would then drive from North to South trying to capture that once in a life time scene of "animals in the wild". This would of coarse take me a month or so to achieve...maybe longer? My motto would be...sit....wait...and snap....snap....snap..then...sit....wait....and snap some more...hopefully bringing home at least one spectacular shot.</p>