downloading "obsolete" program (PSE 7)

<p>Got my new computer the other day. I have downloaded and installed LR 2.6. Said installation asked for my LR 2 SN and even the SN# of my original LR1.0<br>

However, I can't figure out how to put a copy of my PSE 7 on the new computer. Do I have to buy PSE 8?<br>

My other computers are Windows and this new one is a Mac.</p>

<p>Somewhere, someone here indicated that Adobe did have some sort of "platform switcher" deal, but I wouldn't search for it--I'd just ask Adobe directly.</p>

<p>Otherwise, I think the best way you can load a Windows program on a new, Intel-based Mac is to install and run Windows on it using Parallels or Bootcamp or whatever (e.g., <a href="http://www.macworld.com/article/50374/2006/04/winmacfaq.html">link</a> ), presuming that you have a Windows install disk somewhere.<br>

I'd try Adobe on the platform switch offer first. Most Adobe programs run smoother, if not always faster (but usually that too in my personal experience) in the Mac versions when you're <em>comparing equivalent hardware</em> .</p>

<p>Joe, yes, you need to either buy the version of 7 to run on a Mac, or do some sort of license exchange. I don't know what they would say about such an old version of PS though. They may well ask you to upgrade. Often a software vendor runs out of "stock" on a version, and you have to upgrade to get what you want. If your PS7 is an upgrade version, then it will ask you for the previous "Full Version" numbers. If it is a "Full Version", you should be able to simply install it as is.</p>

<p>Be carefull.<br>

<br />Here I have a imac 20" Intel based Mac.<br>

<br />I bought a mac based CS2 uopgrade with full bore PS 6.5 for the mac as a combo.<br>

<br />The 2006 Mac OS will not allow one to load Photoshop 6.5; Jobs locked it out.<br>

<br />I would ask whether 7.0 PS will even work on your mac; the gods in Cupertino might have already decided you do not need it anyway!<br /><br />Anyway; for me back in 2007 the cheapest rout to place a legal copy of Photoshop CS2 on our 2006 imac 20"/intel cpu was to top buy a cs2 upgrade with full PS6.5 version.<br>

<br />I really wanted to install BOTH 6.5 and CS2; but 6.5 is will not load; it is too old.<br>

<br />BUT during the CS2 upgrade install; it was happy to see the ps 6.5 disc in the slot when asked; to procede with the install.<br /><br />Thus on the 2006 imac here I also run parallels with win2000; to run windows 5.5 and 7.0.<br /><br />I mention all this because 7 *might* not run on your mac; or *may*.<br>

<br />All a know is our 2006 imac 20" with intel cpu and stock os 9??? doesnt allow ps6.5 for the mac.</p>

<p>Ian, I'm not sure if there's an Elements 7 for Mac. I just switched this past week so hadn't been paying attention. I did a Google search and the results _seem_ to indicate "no." btw...the fifth hit when searching "PSE 7 Windows Mac" was this thread! Do we file that under "Blind leading blind" or "Dog chasing tail"?<br>

Michael, it's not terribly old...PSE 7 was released in, I believe, fall of 2008. Version 8 is quite recent.<br>

Kelly, it's the latest: MacBook Pro OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard Dual Intel<br>

J (may I call you "J"?:-) that's a good point...go to the source...I'll contact Adobe in California Monday.</p>