G series camera quickly drains new battery - DC board problem?

<p>Anyone here ever experienced an older Canon G series camera (G7, G9) that drains the battery while it is turned off? With a fairly new, fully charged battery, it drains it to zero in a few days while sitting in the bag, whereas it used to hold a charge for weeks. After a little research, I believe it may be the DC-DC board in the camera (an available part at $80), but wondered if anyone else had experienced this and/or had one repaired, and what the diagnosis was.<br /> Thanks in advance,<br /> RD</p>

<p>When the camera is off the DC to DC converter should also be off. I would guess it is the battery. Furthermore I doubt you could get the needed part from canon. In fact the DC to DC converter is probably one chip of many on the main PCB inside the camera. You would need information on how to disassemble the camera to get to it then you would need a soldering iron to replace it. </p>

<p>Is your battery charger working correctly? If not it might be over or undercharging the battery and might have damaged the battery. The battery charger does have a AC to DC converter in it that is in some ways similar to a DC to DC converter. A new battery charger would cost at least $50. </p>

<p>When the camera is off the DC to DC converter should also be off. I would guess it is the battery. Furthermore I doubt you could get the needed part from canon. In fact the DC to DC converter is probably one chip of many on the main PCB inside the camera. You would need information on how to disassemble the camera to get to it then you would need a soldering iron to replace it. </p>

<p>Is your battery charger working correctly? If not it might be over or undercharging the battery and might have damaged the battery. The battery charger does have a AC to DC converter in it that is in some ways similar to a DC to DC converter. A new battery charger would cost at least $50. </p>