Business downloaded one of my photos from Photo.net to use on flyers!

gulfbeach47

<p>Yoga business wrote back: ''Thank you and Happy New Year John. We will not be using your photo but wishing you the best.''<br>

Anyway, I hope my thread alerted some folks to the problem of their images being copied. I never heard from Josh. He has been very good about replying in the few times I have contacted him in the past. Perhaps his contact thingy did not work this time.</p>

<br />

<p>Felix, I like to to think she borrowed it for a mock up but I would of preferred she had asked me before doing the mock up. We could of saved her time since she did not agree to my fee anyway. I don't know much about ads but as Dave hinted she could of had the text prepared and put my image and others in the ad to see how they looked. If she used it then I imagine her Yoga-Karma would come back on her but I trust she did not:)</p>

<blockquote>

<p>he steals an image t</p>

</blockquote>

<p><br /> How did this person steal it? They put it in their bag and drove off with it?</p>

<p>Designers do mock-ups all the time using available images. In the print days, it was very common to see mock-ups with photos clipped from magazines. Now they are clipped from the web. This is a good way to get business. </p>

<p>One gets the feeling from this post that a lot of people haven't had much experience in this area but feel perfectly comfortable commenting. Having worked on both sides, I've seen how this can benefit the photographer. If a photographer makes it impossible to do a mock-up, someone else is going to get the work. And unless it's been distributed or published, it's not hurting the photographer in any way.</p>

<blockquote>

<p>There has to be a way to change the settings/protection of PNet galleries. Any Computer Geeks (I say that in a good way...I wish I was one) on here that would care to comment?</p>

</blockquote>

<p>In order for someone to view an image on their computer, it must first be downloaded into their computer's memory. This is true for all images viewed on a computer, whether it's a beautiful sunset from a photo.net gallery or the Namemedia logo at the bottom of this page. If you prevent downloads, you prevent people from seeing the image.</p>

<p>In addition to what Mike says...Although "right-click to save" can be prevented, viewers can still capture screens / images with the print screen key.</p>

<p>Try it now. Hit the print screen key. Open your image editing program and select edit, paste image. In Photoshop, you must create a new image before you can paste "print-screen" contents.</p>