Birthday present

ilmilco

<p>On December 26th, i celebrated my <strong>50th</strong> birthday. Being a photographer since i was 17 or so, i decided that my birthday this year should be the opportunity to acquire a D3X. I was looking at this beautyful machine already for approximately one year but could not convince myself to spent so much money on a new camera. Already having used the D100, D200, D300 and D700 i expected some improvement, but the difference with my D700 is huge. I did not part of the D700 because it was still very little used, and will be used more often on occaisions where i do not want to bring in the D3X. Using the good quality lenses from Nikon, including the famous trio of 14-24, 24-70 and 70-200, i can only say that whenever people have any doubt on these 3 lenses, believe me, they are very very good, and a joy to use.<br>

I will try to end this year with a picture of a collection of 11 different bottles of very fine single malt whisky produced by one single distiller. Just something i like to do , not for business or so, if the result pleases me, i will publish here on photo.net</p>

<p>May i please use this opportunity to wish all fellow photographers around the globe a prousperos 2010 with many pictures that set your heart on fire ......</p>

<p>Happy Birthday, Mke! That's a great present!</p>

<p>I'm not surprised that you're seeing a big boost in quality over the D700. I downloaded some of John Shaw's sample D3X images from the Nikon website, and the detail is amazing. The D3/D700 have other strengths, but if you want top-notch resolution, you now have the right tool for the job!</p>