How to use a Gossen Profi-Flash 1

<p>I recently got a Gossen Profi-Flash attachment (bundled with a very nice Luna-Pro SBC) but I'm really confused about how to use it. Does anyone have any experience with it? Could someone give me the basic sequence of button presses required to make it work?<br>

Thanks!</p>

<p>Butkus (may he be blessed of the angels) has some Gossen manuals and a <a href="http://www.butkus.org/chinon/flashes_meters/gossen_profi-flex/gossen_profi-flex.htm">Profi-<strong>flex</strong> </a> manual, but the only on-line source I could find was a Profi-flash manual for sale at (<a href="http://www.oldtimercameras.com/digital-camera-manuals/manuals/Gossen-Profi-Six-sbc-camera-manual-4193.asp">link</a> ) for US$16.20. Try exploring the hits on Google.</p>

<p>Congratulations on the SBC. Mine is my favorite of all the meters I've ever owned.</p>

<p>Thanks, guys. I love the SBC and it works super well, the flash just has me confused.<br>

Yeah, it is odd that Butkus doesn't have the manual, but it seems like the Profi-Flash 1 is pretty rare or undesirable. I do get some signals when playing with it, but it seems to be operating the opposite way I would expect it too -- maybe I'm just pushing buttons in the wrong order or something.<br>

Thanks for the help, I'll keep looking around. Not sure I can warrant spending $16 for a manual for a flash attachment that is worth very, very little... I'll consider it though.</p>

<p>Sean - I had a similar combo some years ago. From memory, the sequence is : Power up the meter.<br>

You should get a green light on the Profi-flash.Press the red? button to trigger the flash.Zero the meter needle to the flash symbol to read your working aperture. Press the reset button on the P-F before your next reading or the meter will add up the flash pops (useful if you are using multiple pops for your exposure,but unhelpful otherwise).<br>

The Profi-Flash has a fixed reading, or "gate" speed of 1/125 sec. It can also be used in cordless mode, as long as the green indicator is glowing. On my Profisix you could press and rotate the power button to hold the meter in On position.</p>