No Way, Jose -- Jose Angel "Retiring" from Nikon Forum Wednesday Threads

ShunCheung

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<p>Thank you Jose! We've all appreciated your hard work and diligence in keeping this thread such a wonderful part of PhotoNet.</p>

<p>Matt, I know you will handle this task the way you do everything else I've seen you do...wonderfully. Thank you for agreeing to do it.</p>

<p>To everyone who contributes to our "trip around the world", thank you for contributing. It's always a highlight of my week. Happy holidays!</p>

<p>It is nice to have a thread where people are using there cameras and not arguing or complaining about them. I for one always look forward to this thread and am glad to know it will continue. Jose thanks for keeping it up so long and Matt thanks for taking it over!<br>

Happy holidays!<br /> Dan</p>

<p>I must say thanks to Jose, who have been initiating that wonderful thread weekly. Though I only joined the crowd late in 2009, I learned a lot from so many talented hobbyists from all over the world, and I received so many kind words and encouragements which undoubtedly helps my growth in this hobby.<br>

And a big thanks to Matt for stepping up! Looking forward to the next thread!!! </p>

<p>+1 Thanking <strong>Jose Angel</strong> for his efforts and wishing <strong>Matt Laur</strong> well for his caretaker's role next year</p>

<!--

<p>I'd also like to thank <strong>Shun Cheung</strong> for his efforts as moderator par excellence in overseeing the Nikon forum this year too, we are blessed with one of the most level headed, fair minded and knowledgable moderators on the net.</p>

-->

<p>HUH! I just leave you guys alone for a few days and look what happen!<br>

<strong>Jose...</strong> Thank you for such a great idea and for your commitment to it for more than a year! I think you brought the Nikon forum much closer and your thread has helped so many to improve our skills and dedication to photography.<br>

So what are you up to now? Nikon FrIDay PiC? :) <br>

I expect your weekly contribution to the thread even if you are not the one starting it! <br>

<strong>Matt...</strong> You know you will have to be up around 2 am to start the thread, right? :) <br>

<strong>Thank you both, Matt & Jose for your commitment to the Nikon community!</strong> Cheers!</p>

<p>Well... don`t know what to say. It has been so enjoyable to me to start the thread every week... specially with your enthusiam, you have given it to me! Shun and Lex has been a fundamental help, they are <em>-always-</em> behind the stage making things work like magic.</p>

<p>I can also feel your affection, here and of course along this past weeks... I want to tell you that is reciprocal. After such many posts, I think we know each other way more then one year ago, something that makes me happy. Being photographers it is easier, nobody like us to read on other`s photographic work.</p>

<p>About Matt... he knows I`m grateful with him to continue with this task. And of course, I`ll keep posting!... but now in a more relaxed way.</p>

<p>My most sincere gratitude to each and every one of you... have a very nice Christmas Eve&Day. See you next week!</p>

<p>Thank you, José, for offering such an inspirational thread with brainfood from all over the world! It has always been a pleasure, since I came across - it's part of the lifelong learning experience for me, and has also offered me the opportunity to contact across the world. Thank you, again. Y feliz navidad!<br>

I'll probably miss your last thread as I'll be offline for a few days.</p>

<p>Good luck to you, Matt - guess I'll have to adapt to time differences now... :-) Nevertheless, I'm confident that all aficionados of this thread will remain faithful.</p>

<p>In the last couple of days, Jose and I were discussing how to announce his "retirement." Since I knew very well that there would be a lot of "Thank you Jose" posts, I didn't want to clutter the regular Wednesday image threads, which are already very very long. I also wanted to announce it a bit ahead of time so that people won't be surprised comes January 6, as some people might not check this forum between Christmas and new year.</p>

<p>I also asked Jose to post a response here so that it wouldn't appear that only the rest of us were talking about him retiring.</p>

<p>While pretty much all of us appreciate Jose and Matt's contributions, the Wednesday image threads and in a broader sense this forum's success is directly the result of all members, not merely the effort from a few individuals. It is very nice to see people posting images every week. To me, that is a good change of pace from the discussion and debates about prime vs. zoom, quality of AI-S vs. AF vs. ZF vs. Sigma ....</p>

<p>Again, Jose Angel is not really leaving us. I am looking forward to seeing him posting to future Wednesday threads, a tradition he started and the rest of us benefit from.</p>

<p>Thanks again to all. Happy holidays.</p>