Walmart selling Pentax...

shaloot

<p>Online. I had no idea. I got a $25 gift card for Wallyworld so was browsing the website to see what soccer gear I could find, and saw a link for Pentax. Since I was in the sports section, I thought it would just be about their scopes and binoculars. But apparently they have the K2000, Kx (navy and back) and the K7 plus some of the basic WR lenses.<br>

Wonder if they get much sales from it. Have Pentax cameras been on there for awhile?<br>

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/catalog.gsp?cat=972059</p>

<p>Somanna,<br>

I believe that online Pentax camera products are available from most major vendors. It can run in cycles--Costco for example has some Pentax stuff and then doesn't. These orders are pretty easy for vendors and Pentax to fulfill, because the process is electronic, and the only time physical product is involved is when either Pentax or their distributors ship directly to the consumer.</p>

<p>Compared with neighborhood retail this is clean and efficient. For local retail to work, so many people are required to put their hands on the product to get it to a store, make the sale, and then deliver it.</p>

<p>Supply chain management is super critical for thin-margin retail product manufacturers these days because a lot of recoverable cost is in the process of making and delivering stuff. Apple is considered one of the deities in this area--you can track your order from the Chinese factory and it gets to you very quickly. Or you can go to a retail store where the mother ship controls every aspect of the deal. A regular mint I'd say.</p>

<p>ME</p>

<p>Another thing to note is that Wal-Mart doesn't carry everything online in the store... Wife and I get excited when we see stuff for the house online while shopping and then we see it's not at the store... And I've never seen Pentax in the stores around me.... ever. Which is too bad since I'd actually buy Pentax stuff from a brick and mortar. I did a quick search to see if the K-7 was at a store in my area... but alas...</p>

<blockquote>

We found no stores within 100 miles of 80004 that carry this product. Please try a new search. (In-stock status is approximate and was last updated on 12/23/2009 at 12:00 AM, E.T.)

</blockquote>

Bummer, but at least it's available...electronically. <br />

<p>walmart will let you order on-line and will deliver it to any store.<br>

no shipping charge. ( they will also deliver it to your hom,e for a reasonabl;e fee)<br>

if you pick it up at the store and return it THEN or within a short time<br>

there is no restocking fee. ( check on that)<br>

My wife bought a $35.00 pedometer put it away, later had a stroke<br>

I returned the still unused device ( unopend package) without a redciept! a couple of years later for full store credit/.<br>

if you have a reciept you get cash.</p>