Annie shoots Britney

JDMvW

<p>No, not a homicide; but the profound and the shallow together at last. All's well for the holiday season. (<a href="http://www.hollywoodlife.com/2009/12/14/exclusive-britney-spears-we-know-annie-leibovitz-shot-your-new-candies-campaign/">link</a> ).</p>

<p>gist of it</p>

<blockquote>

<p>Annie Leibovitz is back to work and shooting Brit Brit’s new Candie’s for Kohl’s clothing ad campaign. Sweet!</p>

</blockquote>

<p>And you thought the bankruptcy was a degrading experience ;)</p>

<p>I was just in the employee lounge nuking my lunch when I saw an eye-catching black and white of Britney adorning the cover of Elle. Being bored, I flipped through the spread. One of the pictures that caught my eye was of Britney with one or both of her small children standing by the giant pool in her yard. In the background (which was pretty empty, so it stood out), was one of those small, pedal-driven cars for kids, poised to drive right into the pool that had no barrier or safety features. As a parent of a four-year-old, I just cringed at the possibilities.</p>

<p>Funny the things you notice, eh?</p>

<p>Photographer was Carter-somebody. Didn't recognize the name. He needs an assistant to look out for things like that, especially given that particular client's history of making questionable safety decisions regarding her children.</p>

<blockquote>

<p>One of the pictures that caught my eye was of Britney with one or both of her small children standing by the giant pool in her yard. In the background (which was pretty empty, so it stood out), was one of those small, pedal-driven cars for kids, poised to drive right into the pool that had no barrier or safety features. As a parent of a four-year-old, I just cringed at the possibilities.</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Maybe that was exactly the point of the shot?</p>

• 3 weeks later...