Newbies and Pros ... let's get it together!

fotografz

<p>Marc,<br>

I really appreciate this thread. Is there anyway you can start a new thread? I have been asked by multiple people how I got into photography and how I learned so extremely fast. I had friends' eyes bug out when they found out I purchased my first SLR camera only 2 years ago. I told them I had found a mentor and a crash course in photography by reading everything I could to understand. I literally went to Marc with no professional photography experience (no camera either) and a desire to learn. <br>

Maybe Marc didn't directly say this, but I was paid for every event. My first wedding when I just carried a few bag I was in the way more than anything he still compassionate me for my time. I know a few times I had an issue with a photo and Marc would advise me how to fix it. There was one photo that he took the time to help me with, and the client "Absolutely loved that one!" A photo I would have had to toss if Marc hadn't helped me.<br>

I did recently do an engagement session for Marc's wedding client, I sold the couple Christmas cards that I created and on the cards I placed www.fotograz.com on the back. This is one way that I can be a value add for Marc's business. <br>

Thanks so much Marc for your insight. I am sure many new photogs will love this post!</p>

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<p>Mark Williams,<br>

I'd love to work as an assistant to learn the art of wedding and can even try as second shooter if any established Pros letting me to do.<br>

Before, TONS of appreciations for the vision you have for new emerging photographers. <br>

Noel,<br>

I wish everyone should be lucky like you to work with a pro like Marc. I didn't get a chance to see your work yet. But with Marc's appreciation about you shows the dedication of your work. Wish you GOOD LUCK and Keep Going...</p>