Leicaflex Standard & 21mm 1:4 R

paul_neuthaler

<p>I can't imagine why. When the camera was introduced, I think the microprism's slope in the focusing spot were cut at an angle designed for lenses f/2.8 and faster so try a lens and stop it down to f/4 fo make sure it doesn't black out too much. There is no other means of focus with this camera other than the central spot but with the huge DOF on a 21/4 it won't matter that much anyway.</p>

<p>Thanks, but my main concern is the mirror. Unlike the 21 SA 3.4 R made for the Leicaflex Standard with the mirror up, the 21 1:4 Leica R is a retrofocus design. I would think if it can be used on the SL, SL2 and, in 3-cam configuration, the R series (3-7), then I assume it won't hurt the Standard's mirror. <br>

Am I right?</p>

<p>"The lens can be used or adapted for use with the R-series and the leicaflex <strong>SL </strong> and <strong>SL2 </strong> bodies." (Hove Leica Pocket Book 7th Ed.). No mention of the original Leicaflex . . . but you probably knew that ;-)</p>

<p>The baffle/guard at the rear of the lens is cut away at the lowest point as mounted, (presumably) to clear the mirror. I haven't actually used 21/4 SA on my SL2, but would do so with confidence.</p>