More offers requested for the same day

alexacatalin

<p>What are you doing when different couples request an offer for the same day?<br>

For me, as long as I don't have a contract signed, I consider that date still available. Of course, I'll make a note for that date so that I know who asked for an offer, who is really interested, who answer asking for more details etc.<br>

2 couples asked me for an offer 2 weeks ago. I sent my prices for both: a couple answer back, saying yes, in one week, the other one answer back in 2 weeks, asking for some more info. I just sent the contract for the first couple when they confirmed me as their photographer.<br>

Today, I just answer to the second couple that I'm already booked.<br>

So, what's your policy for this?</p>

<p>Catalin,<br>

A question for you: If you sent them a contract, how exactly did the couple "confirm you" as their photographer? Did they give you a payment yet or did they just contact you verbally? What happens if they don't send back the contract for a few weeks and when you contact them, they tell you they changed their mind?<br>

I avoid these situation by never holding a date. I also never mail a contract with my signature and am very clear that the date is not confirmed until I have the signed contract and required payment. I then sign one of the contracts and return it to them. This avoids a lot of issues.....-Aimee</p>

<p>When I received the check for 50% of their wedding package I consider the date booked. No matter what they say or what they do, until I get the money the date is up for grabs. I won't allow them to sign the contract without the check. If someone has expressed to me they're fairly certain they're going to book with me I let them know if someone else starts asking about their date, but when it comes down to it, the fastest check writer wins.</p>