Nikon WedNEsDAy PiC #49

jose_angel

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<p><strong>Thank you all for sharing your work!</strong></p>

<p>Also thank you for any comments on my shot!</p>

<p><strong>Jose…</strong> Your shot reminds me my room when a teenager! :) Those were wonderful days! About my TC, I always had this Kenko one. I used to use it with my old AF 300 and I keep it coz it works with my AF180 but to be honest I never use it. My TC17eII its fixed now. i just have to go get it. It costed like 160 USD. Which reminds me, WHERE IS MY CHECK? :)</p>

<p><strong>Per-Christian….</strong> Nice shot! But…. where is the subject? :) Did it fly away? Did it sail away? Did it swim away? :)</p>

<p><strong>Hamish…</strong> perfect use of a fisheye lens!</p>

<p><strong>Lil…</strong> The timing couldn't be better!</p>

<p>Again, my top 3 shots of the week:</p>

<p><strong>Monika - Bogdan Nicolescu - Dallas McVicker - Peter Giraudin - Keith Powell - Tim Holte - Paul V. Gorky - Matt Laur </strong>(I just can't find any dog in that shot)<strong> - Doug Santo - James Kazan - Mark Gordon - Tiffany Brook - Thomas Burden - James Symington - Lester Rosebrock - Ken Yamamoto </strong>and<strong> Paula Wang</strong></p>

<p><strong>Jose…</strong> The year is anding! We have just 4 more weeks to go…. You have done a really good job and specially your reliability has been impeccable…. Thanks a lot! I just have one observation. I have no idea why you started this year with week #2 instead of #1…. Uhmmm! And we'll finish with week #53 instead of #52!</p>

<p>See you all next week! Cheers!</p>

<p>It was again a very inspiring trip around a world full of Nikon users. Big thanks to all!</p>

<p>My top something this week:<br>

<em>Jose</em> - Yuck, that made me happy to have quit smoking :-)<br /><em>Per-Christian</em> - lovely quiet and well-composed scene.<br /><em>Lil</em> - Impeccable timing!<br /><em>Dallas</em> - Great silhouette<br /><em>Jeannean</em> - Lovely shot! The timing seems spot-on to me, and it just breaths warmth and love.<br /><em>Shun</em> - Great composition. And a thing learnt on penguins.<br /><em>Jana</em> - very nice shot, the red of the umbrella makes the picture pop!<br /><em>Enrique</em> - That's not much money for a guitar... But for a first entrance, that's a great entrance, I'd say!<br /><em>Andrés -</em> lovely simplicity!<br>

But like many before, for me the number 1 this week was <em>Ertugrul</em>. Absolutely fabulous. Your pictures are consistently among the best on wednesday (in my humble opinion), and this one really shows the skills of a master. Love your work.</p>

<p>I've looked through this week's thread many times and as usual, am amazed by the diversity and quality and can't keep my comments to under 10-20, but just wanted to say how much I liked all of them and appreciated the comments about mine. This was definitely new water for me.<br /> <br /> Welcome to the new posters! Keep coming back and spread the word. :)<br /> <br /> Ernie T: My condolences on the loss of your family member. I'm glad you are starting to heal. It takes time.<br /> <br /> See you all again on Wednesday and thanks for sharing your photos!</p>

<p>Another great week of shots presented. :) I want to start by thanking everyone who has offered support so very much for it. This for the last time. I also want to thank those who've commented on shots I've not replied to or thanked them for. The last three weeks have been a bit of a blur.... :(<br /> Anyhow - to the task at hand. :)<br /> <strong>Per-Christian </strong> - love the lines & depth of this shot.<br /> <strong>Joe</strong> - beautiful landscape & wonderful colors.<br /> <strong>Rene'</strong> - love the action & reaction of the Cormorants. ;) Great fun shot.<br /> <strong>Monika</strong> - great framing & depth of this shot. Pulls me in....<br /> <strong>Hamish</strong> - super use of a fisheye lens. Great shot.<br /> <strong>James</strong> - beautiful landscape & it so makes me want to visit Australia again...<br /> <strong>Bogdan</strong> - I love beat up weathered trees. Here you sure have one. Love it.<br /> <strong>Andy </strong> - sweet shot of the kids.<br /> <strong>Dallas</strong> - sweet sunrise shot<br /> <strong>Kent</strong> - love the warm inviting Fall colors, excellent framing<br /> <strong>Eric</strong> - great portrait & B&W conversion<br /> <strong>Ilkka</strong> - what can I say...... Stunning. :)<br /> <strong>Jeannean</strong> - Just beautiful. Well done - print it large for your sister. :)<br /> <strong>E</strong> <strong>rik </strong> - great action/pose of the bear Erik I have about five times tried to get your name in one word, program simply refuses to let me fix this for some reason..... So sorry...<br /> <strong>Kemal</strong> - elegant<br /> <strong>Gej Jones</strong> - great shot & super B&W conversion<br /> <strong>Shun</strong> - wonderful shot as you well know<br /> <strong>Richard</strong> - love this simple elegance shot - print it & frame it large. It's shots like this which makes me miss snow. :)<br /> <strong>Kris</strong> - great cover shot<br /> <strong>Janne</strong> - beautiful shot showing the great beauty of the North. ;) Makes me miss home.<br /> <strong>Tim</strong> - beautiful shot. Just wonderful. Love the framing of the trees, dog & person in the perfect spot. Super framing. :)<br /> <strong>Roberta</strong> - such a fun shot. Makes me want a little dog. :) <br /> <strong>Jon </strong> - I remember those days. Now I just refuse to enter my daughter's room - - unfortunately it doesn't look like they get any better.... :( Say - is that a Birman?<br /> <strong>Jens</strong> - I love the post processing on this one. Almost looks like a drawing.<br /> <strong>Doug</strong> - very well execute - super post processing<br /> <strong>James</strong> - something which could well be in a museum catalog<br /> <strong>Bill</strong> - great catch for both you & the Great Egret<br /> <strong>Keith</strong> - sweet & love the B&W conversion<br /> <strong>Dieter </strong> - lovely landscape<br /> <strong>Phil </strong> - great shot of your daughter<br /> <strong>Chauncey</strong> - great Christmas card<br /> <strong>Darren </strong> - great Santa photo<br /> <strong>Mark</strong> - great capture of your daughter<br /> <strong>Tiffany</strong> - great portrait - love the play of light & dark in it.<br /> <strong>Aguinaldo</strong> - great shot of the sunflower landscape<br /> <strong>Tony</strong> - lovely shot of the little girls<br /> <strong>Andrew </strong> - that's one fun subject shot<br /> <strong>Jennifer </strong> - wonderful shot.<br /> <strong>Steve </strong> - I thought my cat had unusual eyes, but they're nothing compared to Monty's. Sweet shot of him.<br /> <strong>James</strong> - amazing post processing on this amazing shot.<br /> <strong>Ken</strong> - lovely IR shot. I find to make them really pop I set white & black points. Feel free to e-mail me if you'd like a few pointers. :)<br /> <strong>Richard</strong> - I really like this shot & it's presentation. Well done.<br /> <strong>Mikhail </strong> - wonderful shot from one of the canals in Venice.<br /> <strong>Paula </strong> - love the Roman Aqueduct.<br /> <strong>Igor </strong> - I love the shot from the shrine - very peaceful.<br /> <strong>Lance </strong> - love the landscape - beautiful shot.<br /> <strong>Steve </strong> - love the dried flowers. May I make a suggestion.... run a NR (Noise Reduction) on it & it will potentially become even lovelier. :)<br /> <strong>Robert </strong> - one great shot so showing the spirit of a young boy. Great capture. :)<br /> <strong>Melinda</strong> - I love your Christmas Card. Lovely</p>

<p>And <strong>Thank You</strong> to those of you who've<strong></strong> <strong> </strong> for commented on my shot. <strong>Tiffany :) Ken</strong> - it comes down to shooting many shots & hoping that one will get the action. But of all the ones I shot - I only got one I'm really happy with. <strong>Paul</strong> - I shoot in 14 bit, so I only get 2,5 shots a second. I'm so thrilled I got the toss. :) More than anything with birds - it's luck. And taking the time. ;) <strong>Rene' </strong> thank you, you know as well as I how difficult birds are & how much luck has to do with it. <strong>Wouter</strong> - isn't it always. ;) <strong>Thank you all. :)</strong></p>

<p>Thanks to <strong>Uzay Kişi</strong> , <strong>Dieter Schaefer</strong> , <strong>James Hart</strong> , <strong>Paul V. Gorky</strong> and <strong>Jennifer Meighan</strong> (in the Critique Section) for your comments on my shot.<br /> <br /> Again great photos everyone! the ones that I like a little more are:<br /> <strong><br /> Jeannean Buglady</strong> 's Beautiful pair of happy Homo Sapiens, <strong>Gej Jones</strong> 's Fog, <strong>Uzay Kişi</strong> 's Umbrella, <strong>Richard Armstrong</strong> 's Snow, <strong>Janne Kaakinen</strong> 's Scape from office (by the way I'd like to know your boss opinion ;-) <strong>Ertugrul Kilic</strong> 's Young boy standing, <strong>James Kazan</strong> 's Cleveland Museum, <strong>Mark Gordon</strong> 's Daughter and <strong>Lance Noell</strong> 's Beach<br /> <br /> Very happy to see <strong>Lil Judd</strong> back in form and <strong>Jennifer Meighan</strong> here with us!<br /> byby and see you next Wednesday!!</p>

<p>Thank you <strong>Per-Christian & Alejandro</strong> for caring -<br>

I'm feeling better & am trying to not dwell on the bad stuff.....<br>

<strong>Erik</strong> - I still don't get why the reply box refused to let me write your name Erik, but would only accept E rik..... Makes no sense as I could do it later on the my post to you....</p>