L bracket BL-6X7

albertini_f

Hi,

Frankly... I would prefer to simply tilt my ballhead to the left.

But it's often too awkward to do that. So I'm trying to investigate

the possibility of purchasing the before mentioned L-bracket from

KirkPhoto. I'm concerned of adding weight to the system; and from

what I can see it looks a little cumbersome.

Is there anyone experienced that would comment on this camera plate?

Thank you very much.

I use it and love it. I got it because I was unable to flip the camera over without the camera hitting the tripod. As far as added weight I'd say it's no big deal. I've done extensive hiking (10-15 miles) with the 67, 135, 55, backup 35mm body, Gitzo tripod and markin head and would say that it really doesn't add much more weight. You can't use the wooden grip or a flash system like the 400T without removing it first. I use the bracket as a grip however and have been very happy with it. I use it extensively at a wedding and was able to make relatvely quick flips with it.

The only down side is that it is very expensive; really too expensive for what it is. But then that's the nature of the photographic equipment, right?

Hi, I think it is a great addition to my P67 kit, not that heavy or cumbersome. It makes verticals a breeze, with out it they are a pain even with the B-1. It also centers the camera's weight over the tripod. I don't think you would regret this purchase.

Good shooting,

Rick

The Markin head for me is a dream. I hike a lot and really don't want to add the extra weight of the Arca Swiss. Also I was scared off by all the talk of the Lockup problem with Arca Swiss. Many say it is no big deal to correct, but if I was looking to spend $300-400 I didn't personally want anything with a known problem.

The Arca Swiss is more massive; maybe it doesn't have this problem. Others might be able to tell you otherwise I personally haven't checked it myself. I'm personally happy with the Markins head and Kirk L bracket.