Nikon WedNEsDAy PiC #48

jose_angel

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<p><strong>Durukan</strong> , <strong>Uzay</strong> , <strong>Dan S</strong> , <strong>Douglas</strong> <strong>M,</strong> <strong>Ken</strong> <strong>Y</strong> and <strong>Monika</strong> - thanks for the comments, they are much appreciated!</p>

<p>Some of my favorites:<br>

<strong>Rich A</strong> - excellent capture.<br>

<strong>Shun</strong> - cool (literally?) - must be a great trip<br>

<strong>David L</strong> - you can see the fun<br>

<strong>Paul V G</strong> . - nice rich colors<br>

<strong>Louis M</strong> - very classic portrait<br>

<strong>Jeannean</strong> - spot on<br>

<strong>Tony H </strong> - great composition and colors<br>

<strong>David </strong> L - priceless!<br>

<strong>Shane</strong> - nice to see some film, great capture<br>

<strong>Tiffany</strong> - angles, by the looks of it? or not....<br>

<strong>Richard K</strong> - idyllic place, nicely captured</p>

<p>---<br>

<strong>Mark M</strong> - sorry for you loss</p>

<p>Finally in time for comment phase!</p>

<p>Great shots again everyone, it's always such a treat to look through this thread! My favorite ten(ish) PiCs in this weeks thread were shots by<br>

Oskar Ojala - Impressive clarity and sharpness<br>

Monika Epsefass - Lovely scene, love that green<br>

Erik Christensen - Great portrait, great model<br>

Carey Moulton - I like the mood, made me think the films by David Lynch<br>

Benjamin Schaefer - Beautiful shot, such serenity<br>

Louis Meluso - I liked your portrait-shot in last week's thread too, simply great<br>

Jeannean Buglady - I'm always amazed by your macro-shots, love that blue<br>

Mark Mandell - My condolences, such a sad story behind your pic, brings your shot to a truly personal level that I can relate to. Loss of a loved pet is always tough, but we'll always have the beautiful memories (and pics) of them with us<br>

David L - The cat in the tub is just hilarious, great capture<br>

Kris Bochenek - Beautiful light indeed<br>

Tiffany Brook - Beautiful portrait, I like what you have done in PP<br>

Liz Moulton - Funniest shot in the thread!<br>

Ertugrul Kilic - Great capture<br>

Ofey Kalakar - The mood in your shot is perfect</p>

<p>And thanks to Tiffany B., Ken Y., Monika E. and Jeannean B. for your comments, they were highly appreciated.<br>

See you all next week!</p>

<p>If I could keep my comments to under 20 photos I would, but I can't. I see so much in every photo I like. Thank you all for sharing them (and for commenting on my bug shot).</p>

<p>Mark and Lil, I hope the healing process will soon ease the pain. For some, it's hard to imagine the pain of a lost pet, but not for me. I don't want to ever face that, but know most likely, I will. My heartfelt condolences.</p>

<p>

<p>It's almost WeDNeSDaY again!</p>

<p><strong>Mark Mandel….</strong> I'm really sorry for your lost! I went through the same thing when I lost my own Rescue Dog (Jiroh) in March this year!</p>

<p><strong>Tom Serio….</strong> Thank you for mentioning my koi!</p>

<p>I know everyone works so hard on his/her picture taking every week. All the shots are great and they get better by the week. I'm sorry not to mention everyone and my choices are based on my personal preferences.</p>

<p>These are the three top shots that caught my eyes:</p>

<p><strong>Oskar Ojala / Mokika Epsefass / Mark H / Darko Vrsic / Jana Hughes / Gary McGhee / Erik Christensen / Jens Frederiksen / Anish Mnkuthel / Richard Armstrong / Benjamin Schaefer / Gej Jones / Shun Cheung / Durukan Payzanoglu / Paul V, Gorky / Bill J Boyd / Tony Hadley / Mark Gordon / Doug Santo / Dieter Schaefer / Epp B / Larry Gardner / Steve Hughes / Mark Jordan / Tiffany Brook / Waldemar Giers / James Kazan / Pascal Burel / Richard Karash / Liz Moulton / Eric Angelo / Sasa Milic / Tom Mann </strong>and<strong> Ofey Kalakar</strong></p>

<p>Let's meet agin in a few days! Cheers!</p>

</p>

<p>I find it really difficult to single out a few of the contributions to this thread because the quality is generally so high and the content interesting. Nevertheless, here's a few that caught my quirky attention ;-)</p>

<ul>

<li>Rene Villela - spooky. I wouldn't want to run into that little guy in the corner of a dark fish tank. :-) </li>

<li>Oskar O. - I'm always a sucker for nice sharp shots, and it's even better if they are at night. </li>

<li>Uzay Kisi - I could imagine a thousand stories behind your shot. Nice use of negative space & the rim lighting of the face. </li>

<li>Sanford Gerald - Like with Uzay, I would love to know the real story behind the old guy buying the flowers. Nice shooting angle, framing and contrasty lighting. </li>

<li>Gary McGhee - Good capture of an unusual situation. From the height of the sign, it looks like the water was at least 3 feet deep! I hope you weren't in danger when you ventured out into it. Eek! </li>

<li>Rick Dohme - Great, absolutely classic fishing shot! </li>

<li>Erik Christensen - Probably my favorite for this week's thread. The technical execution, the implied story behind the shot and of the woman's life, etc. all come together for me. </li>

<li>Robert Davies - Really nice shot of the boy! I'm not usually a fan of angling the camera / crop, but in this case I like it. </li>

<li>Benjamin Schaefer - I love misty / bad weather shots. Good composition, good BW conversion. </li>

<li>Matt Laur - I love shots like yours where I feel so "there" that I could just begin talking to the subject. </li>

<li>David Love - Cute, great expression, great props, technical execution couldn't have been better. </li>

<li>Louis Meluso - Another in your great series of shots. Everyone loves them, so all I can add is a "me, too" to your long list of kudos. </li>

<li>Kent Shafer - Nice processing. I could easily see this image as part of a series about Thanksgiving. </li>

<li>Tony Hadley - Nice shot. The colors of the stones are so vivid that they almost look like they were photoshopped in. It must be some wild geology going on that would generate stones of so many different colors. </li>

<li>Mark Mandell - Sorry to hear about your cat. We just dropped a few hundred $ over the weekend taking care of ours. They really are members of the family. </li>

<li>Mark Gordon - Great shot! It looks to me like the light must have come from a source almost 90 degrees to the left of the camera, not from a camera mounted pop-up flash. Was there a second light source? </li>

<li>Rodger Baker - A highly competent image that tells a story. What more could one ask for. </li>

<li>David L - Hillarious! (and technically great). I saved your image in my "cat humor" folder. </li>

<li>Jamie Mahoney - Great simulation of a classic shot. Great colors. </li>

<li>Roberta Davidson - I really feel like I'm standing there with you looking in to that gallery. Nice control of colors with the mixed lighting. </li>

<li>Aguinaldo de Paula - Whoa! What a great setup and capture of that situation. Great balance between the rim lighting and the pop-up flash. </li>

<li>Tiffany Brook - Just WONDERFUL! (in all ways). Definitely in my top 2 or 3 for this week. </li>

<li>Darren Shipley - Technically great, but I had the same thought about THX1138 and it causes me a feeling of unease in a picture of kids. Their separate / parallel play also adds to the vaguely uneasy feeling I get looking at this image. </li>

<li>James Kazan - Great ... as usual. I'm jealous ... as usual. :-( </li>

<li>Les Berkley - Love her expression. </li>

<li>Wenshu Chen - Nice shot, but I would crop away the guard railing and most of the background on the RHS of the image. I think that would make the image more timeless. </li>

<li>Eric Angelo - Oooh, ahh. Nice flower B&W.</li>

</ul>

<p><br /> <br /> Again, nice shots by all!</p>

<p>Tom M</p>

<p>Thanks to the holiday break, I've had some time to enjoy studying all of these excellent images. I would like to thank the following people for their kind mention of my lucky nuthatch shot...<br>

Dieter Schaefer<br>

Tiffany Brook<br>

Isaac Sam<br>

Peter Heritage<br>

Dan South<br>

Benjamin Schaefer<br>

Ken Yamamoto<br>

Rene' Villela<br>

As always, there are too numerous excellent images to comment upon. But, these specifically caught my eye...<br>

Louis Meluso, wonderfully classic native American portrait.<br>

Dieter Schaefer, such a nice composition of subject, color, texture and geometry.<br>

Roberta Davidson, I love Royal Street and you put me directly in front of that window...excellent!<br>

Tiffany Brook, gorgeous shot of your kids!<br>

James Kazan, just an excellent shot of a place that I visited in college, thanks for the memory!<br>

And, I'm sorry to hear about the terrible loss of Lil's and Mark's beloved pets and companions. My heart goes out to you both!<br>

I hope you all had an enjoyable Thanksgiving weekend!<br>

Dick</p>

<p>

<p>Great images, everyone. This is a wonderful weekly event that is stimulating and rewarding to view.</p>

<p>These are the images that particularly got my attention this week:</p>

<p>@Bogdan, kids at play<br>

@Monika, the subtle colors on your "Living on an island" shot<br>

@Rick Dohme, that a good fishing picture!<br>

@Erik, your not too young model<br>

@Richard Armstrong, your red-breasted nuthatch<br>

@Paul, your shot in the arboretum with gorgeous warm-tones and nice background<br>

@Tom, your stairway to heaven (must have been quite a yacht!)<br>

@Mark, so sorry to hear. That's a great image of your buddy.<br>

@Roberta, nice light in that art gallery window<br>

@Steve, great bird image<br>

@L Roth, your horse and carriage in Quebec<br>

@Tiffany, those are two gorgeous kids<br>

@James, the falls in Cuyahoga Valley National Park<br>

@Wenshu, the B&W of mother and baby outdoors<br>

@Anthony, your sunset<br>

@Eric Angelo, a great lily</p>

<p>Thanks to Ken, Monika, Benjamin, and Rene' who commented on my Wyoming image this week.</p>

</p>