Nikon WedNEsDAy PiC #48

jose_angel

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<p>Another excellent collection of pictures. These folks had my favorites<br /> <br /> Jana Hughes<br /> Jonas Fjellstedt<br /> Benjamin Schaefer<br /> George Jones<br /> Durukan Payzanoglu<br /> David Love<br /> Paul V. Gorky<br /> Rodger Baker<br /> David L<br /> Larry Gardner<br /> Juhani Vanhala<br /> <br /> Happy Thanksgiving everyone!</p>

<p>Hello. I was in Tokyo for 4 days with camera, but there is nothing to show here this week, unfortunately. As always, there are many great photos this week again. I will try to have something to post here next week (holiday season is kinda depressing time for me).</p>

<p>Okay, my top 10 this week are:<br>

- Oskar Ojala - impressive night construction scene<br>

- Per-Christian - very cute pair<br>

- Jana - interesting perspective<br>

- Gary McGhee - funny sign :-)<br>

- Richard Armstrong - very sharp and nice shot<br>

- Benjamin Schaefer - very nicely done fog and bridge in BW<br>

- Shun - I like this type of landscape<br>

- Bill J Boyd - Nice shot! Beautiful.<br>

- Doug Santo - Wonderful staircase shot<br>

- Wayne Cornell - nice shot of woods. nice color.<br>

- Janne Kaakinen - nice night shot!<br>

- Roberta Davidson - I like the paintings through the window.<br>

- Larry Gardner - very nicely done night scene.<br>

- Tiffany - a VERY cute pair!<br>

- James Kazan - very nice and sharp<br>

- Lil - again, so sorry for your loss. Beautiful guy you got there.<br>

- Richard Karash - nice landscape.<br>

- cc chang - well done!</p>

<p>Well, a bit more than 10 :-) See you next Wednesday. Happy holiday to all of you!<br>

Ken</p>

<p>Greg K's birdie love scene also looks familiar to me. Has this been in here before?</p>

<p>Mark, sorry to hear about your cat friend. I've gone through that some time ago.<br>

And here's for my favourites:<br>

Louis Meluso: what an expressive portrait!<br>

José, your pic reminds me of my last weekend digging in the dirt... :-)))<br>

Justin: what a shot! Makes me laugh instantly.<br>

Kris, what's your secret? Well done!<br>

Roberta, and also Tiffany, that's lovely! So fragile, and those eyes!<br>

Benjamin, super weatherpic!<br>

Jeannean, your bugs are always a treat!<br>

David L: that's so funny! Expect the unexpected...<br>

Janne, I really don't like this dark time of year - the good thing about it are the night shots. :-)<br>

James, lovely autumn light on your falls.<br>

Richard: nice mirror lake!<br>

Just to mention a few. All the others: well done!</p>

<p>Lil, Sympathize with your loss. Loss of a loved one, be it in the family or a pet, is always painful. But time is a great healer! Finally, a face to go with your name!<br>

W Chen, IMHO an excellent shot. the expression on the face of the mother SAYS IT ALL!<br>

Murali</p>

<p>Many great photos in this thread. A few that stand out for me are the people shots/portraits by:</p>

<p>Matt Laur - You have caught his character very well. Makes a pretty B/W. I really like the 'bokeh' of this lens.</p>

<p>Louis Meluso - Also a great character and beautiful lightening!</p>

<p>Wenshu Chen - Very nice contact between the woman and her child. She radiates happiness. Nicely framed and beautiful grayscales. Her dark coat works great together with the lighter tones in the head of the child and the mid-tones in the background. </p>

<p>I also like the landscape of</p>

<p>James Kazan - Beautiful colours and very nicely composed.</p>

<p>Happy Thanksgiving and Holy Wednesday to everyone,</p>

<p>Dear Lil I'm very sorry for your lost, hope you can be here soon. <br /> Dear Paul I appreciated for your valuable words to my post last week. Thank you very much.</p>

<p>I'm late this week. Yesterday was Srefidensi in Suriname. Srefidensi is a Sranan-Tongo word that describes independence in Suriname. My photo taken last Saturday during opening ceremony of traditional Srefidensi Marathon. Student were releasing balloons. Converted from NEF only while using Capture NX.</p>

<p>You may found more photos and notes as a news here : <a href="http://www.demotix.com/news/srefidensi-marathon-2009-suriname" target="_blank">Srefidensi Marathon 2009 Suriname</a></p>

<p>Hope you like it and many cheers you to all. Regards</p>

<p>Ertugrul</p>

Attended a conference in Singapore this week and missed this Wednesday!

Here's a photo out of the hotel window at 720am. Picture setting Vivid, auto white balance, medium D-lighting. D90 with 18-55 at 18mm, 1/125s f5.6.<div>00V6xo-194971584.JPG.7301474d9fd403d770cd7ed16672d5a1.JPG</div>

<p>A couple of nights ago, we were supposed to have dense fog here in the DC area. With my luck, where I went, there was no fog at ground level, but there was lots of light bouncing around from a shopping center lighting up this tree, so, instead of misty and soft, I switched gears and went for sharp, hard, and a bit spooky.</p>

<p>Tom M</p><div>00V78t-195075584.thumb.jpg.968b6f506053d75ee9d81e5054712665.jpg</div>